Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please change the crafting UI

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by GameOgre, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgre

GameOgre Avatar

Tedious does not equal challenging and tedious is what salvaging has become thanks to the UI and the change to stack dragging.
    To salvage a weapon I have to perform multiple steps: drag my smith hammer into the box, drag the weapon into the box, and click salvage. Here's where it gets tedious. If the weapon only gave me one resource, thanks to the stack drag change, I now have to shift drag said stack, drag the slider bar all the way over, press ok, then deposit. This makes salvaging a single weapon a 7 step process. Alternately I can "take all" and then have to repeatedly go find my hammer for every weapon I salvage which can be just as tedious.

Two suggested solutions would be to either allow the salvaging of multiple weapons at once or, preferably, change the UI of the crafting window so that there is a separate place for the tool, allowing the use of the take all button without having to constantly re-equip the proper tool.

FrostII, Kaisa, margaritte and 3 others like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yep, that was noted back in QA testing.

Appears to be a difficult thing to correct apparently. :p

3. shamesz

shamesz Avatar

I vote to just remove tools from the recipes, and even the game. Crafting requires like 10 different tools, each which costs about 4 gold each (no gold sink here). You could say from an immersion point of view having a tool to do each job feels more 'real', but I'd say the tools are already included in the different benches you need to use.

A new player finds himself running back and forth to the vendor to grab all these different tools which is annoying and tedious.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

I too hate this change. Until it is corrected (assuming it will be corrected and not left in this rather annoying form), I have been clicking the Take All button which will then stack all the resources but leave the smithing hammer highlighted. I then can just drag that and the next weapon into the crafting side and salvage again. It does require more than before but it is certainly less frustrating for me than selecting the individual resource, the amount of that resource and then dragging it over.

Of course if the hammer isn't located closely to the weapons, that can be another annoyance...

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you drag in the tool (hammer) first, then the rusty weapon, in two separate drags, only the scraps will be selected after you click the Salvage button. No shift-clicking needed. Then you drag in the next weapon and hit Salvage. It's been working well for me.

I have more problems with the inventory UIs throwing away the mouse-down coordinates, then using wherever the mouse happens to be 250ms or so later when it finally starts dragging, as the location of the first click. This means that if you try to drag too fast, you'll drag the wrong item (I've dragged Reward items out of the bank twice because of this!) or even land on a part of the window that moves it around, and then you have to put it back where it was.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  6. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I'm with you Elwyn, it works well for me - save the lag.

Shamez, one reason to have tools is that at some point they will be craftable and enchantable. So, we will be able to buy and make magic tools.

Gameogre, I love the idea about a separate area for tool(s) to be placed.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I did ask that we be able to double click items and stacks back and forth between the inventory and the crafting station.

It works in other parts of the game. Gets weird when it does not work on a crafting station.

Jivalax Azon and Kaisa like this.
  8. GameOgre

GameOgre Avatar

But you can't move a single stack of scraps without shift clicking. If you get two stacks, say scrap metal and scrap wood, you can click and drag both stacks without shift clicking but this only happens on things like axes and spears (and sometimes not even on them).

Jivalax Azon and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'll admit that I've only been salvaging rusty stuff so far (been crafting mostly in Solania which has no public capentry table, so no long bows), but I've never had it not select exactly the scrap as long as I dragged the rusty item separately from the tool before salvaging, whether it provides only metal scrap, or both metal and leather scrap. Drag-pause-salvage-pause-drag, repeat for 140 weight or so of rusty loot.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  10. GameOgre

GameOgre Avatar

Somewhere I believe there is a communication breakdown.
    You're correct that it only selects the scrap, but that's not my issue. My issue comes with the steps added to the process when only a single stack of scrap is created from the salvaging, which cannot be moved without shift clicking.
    Creating a separate place for the tool would solve all the problems as it would make the Take All button viable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.