Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please fix masterworking for wands/staffs

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Mac2, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

So since the new masterworking, wands and staffs that fall under the bludgeon masterworking, get the most useless masterworks for the wand or staff. Why would I need +10 pull damage on a wand when I cannot even use any of the bludgeon skills with a wand or staff? For that matter, +2 weapon crit or 2.5% weapons strength damage on my wands and staffs are pretty much useless as well. Can we add another masterwork for wands and staffs in carpentry that would add useful abilities to the wands and staffs? This would give the carpentry tree as many masterworks as the blacksmithing tree.

margaritte, Gaelis, Ellrynn and 2 others like this.
  2. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Maybe we can have spell crit, spell damage, fizzle chance, - reagent use, - focus cost %, or something of the like for the wands and staves?

Also, I believe @Attenwood is the right person to see this! ;) keeping him busy today.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    margaritte, Gaelis, Corp Por and 2 others like this.
  3. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

@Attenwood :) Who do we speak to about crafting changes?

Jezebel Caerndow likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wands and Staff need some SERIOUS work in their skills and properties but again the whole crafting has issues.

Ellrynn and Mac2 like this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

maybe but I just made a bunch of wands and master crafted them, and I really enjoyed the process. Still trying to get skill gains on master craft, but still it is really cool. More stuff to come is just bonus if you ask me.

Sorry if this is a dead or outdated thread...

The only reason I checked for threads on this was to determine if I picked up some of the other master craft skills (especially bludgeon) would it start trying to apply bludgeon based skills on wands? I would probably avoid picking up bludgeon master craft if I didn't get a choice to deny the bludgeon skill from applying to the wand or staff. however I also see the potential for using staves as a bludgeon eventhough it is primarily a spellbinder tool to harness magic. (like Gandalf using his staff to trip an orc, but really it is mainly for channeling magic)... however if bludgeons randomly applied to wands and staffs I wouldn't want to dilute my chances to make the wand I want with melee skills when I would only want mage skills on a wand.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This thread is from last release, they have made new masterworks for wands. +2.5% spell damage +2.5% spell crit damage, -5 reagent cost, and I think one or 2 more, but those are the ones I want.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    StevieD likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yeah i saw no problem with what I was getting. I thought they were saying they wanted more than that. To be honest the wand masterworking is nice the way it is to me. Then the ability to socket and enchanting them is really cool.

It takes time to make them and thats cool too. I want to run a second set of enhancements o them and try socketing and enchanting them too. Really cool. Praise Bzus.

8. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Been working Bludgeon mastercraft skill but then it dawned on me . . . . there's no benefit for wands/staves. (other than the few people who use stun etc) although I have only heard bad things about that skill tree anyways.

Suppose I should be focusing on the ranged tier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.