Please focus on balancing PVP

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by swampthing, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

Please stop wasting time making new areas and pve stuff and focus on balancing pvp. This has been needed done for far too long. I feel like no work ever gets put in on balancing pvp at all.

And a wipe needs done asap due to powerleveling of the ghost corpian. Now everyone is level 100.

Xail likes this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Meh, I've said it from the start. PvP doesn't need to be added till combat is fleshed out. No way possible to balance something that's incomplete.

Unless you think combat is perfectly fine where it is.

Stahlknecht, Katrina Bekers and Peabo like this.
  3. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

You cant balance something that is still changing... soon though..

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

While at it, please make me win at the lottery.

Aldo and margaritte like this.
  5. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Wow, I'm a dedicated PVPer but sorry I disagree with you o_O

1: The skill trees are still being fleshed out, so it's practically impossible to properly balance the PVP. Sometimes they get it right, other times not so much.
    2: If they don't add new areas (high level in particular) then people are forced to grind the same mob over and over. This release its the corpion, last release it was the spider cave.
    3: As far as the lvl 100 players, there are a few types of leveled players in this game...

A: The slow grinder that has been playing every release building their 4x higher and higher each release through standard game play. They legit earned it, let them keep their levels
    B: The power leveler that recently joined the game over the last 10 releases, melting their eyes on the same mob over and over. They put many days and hours into it, let em keep it.
    C: The one that took advantage of the high vale quest bug, rocketing themselves to the 100s in a day or two. If your gonna wipe, wipe these people. IMO they didn't earn S***.
    D: The all the above or mix player.

What I suspect your real challenge is that you are only playing short bursts at the beginning of the releases and expecting to compete with people in the above categories, the A, B And D gamer has a distinct advantage over you because they have put in the effort, tested the builds, and worked the 4x up.

The C group though gets a certain amount of disdain, as they did nothing to earn the xp. But frankly they will find themselves incredibly bored due the shortage of high level zones, and no end game (yet).

The point is if you wanna compete, you have to put the effort in.

And for the record I'm Level 84 competing with Level 100s and winning a good portion of the fights.

Aldo, Alley Oop and Mordakai like this.
  6. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I'm not level 100 but Ol FizzleThorpe is always flagged for PVP it isn't always your level, the gear/build and personal skill play a big role in PVP. Ive beat guys with 250 more hps than me, and ive been beaten by guys that can 2 shot me every time.. is all about build and playstyle.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  7. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

The people building new zones aren't in any way the same people tweaking the combat systems.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.