1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please grant producer xp for watering plants

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, May 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Not a lot, but, like, I feel one should get like 100 producer xp per plant watered.

imbored316 likes this.
  2. imbored316

imbored316 Avatar

I support the motion!

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  3. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

Why?
    I am farmer with x-thousend plants, my skills are 120 in seeding, watering and harvest

The producer XP with agriculture ist ok, because it is round about the same with mining or fielddressing

a.e. at one farm I have 2000 plants.
    I need 14 minutes to harvest, seed and water;
    then two times 12 minutes for watering ...
    so 42-45 minutes total for seeding, harvesting and water a full circle ...

So I make 1 MIO XP in about 42 - 45 Minutes work, ok ... I need 24 or 48 hours to get´em, but you only have 42-45 minutes to work on it

When go mining or hunting baors wolfes and so on, you make 1.2 - 1.4 mio XP per hour ... so its equal with agricultere

So ..why it should be changed?

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

You already do. How much xp you get on harvest is determined by how many waterings you did.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

For the following reasons:

1. Because farming xp is time limited per day or per week if you are basement farming, there should be a greater xp yield than mining for the same time spent - otherwise, why farm when you can sell silver or wood and make the same if not more money - even after buying crops? Why shouldn't something that forces me to create a schedule around it yield more xp than something I can just casually do?
    2. If the devs implement a kobold automated watering device, it should have a lack of xp cost as well as a maintenance cost to make it more of a choice whether or not to water your own crops
    3. Watering crops is a chore, and if you miss your third watering, at least there is a reason to do the 4th watering before harvest.
    4. If a watering falls during a +50% xp event, it is better time spent to skip the watering and mine or chop down trees and scrap the whole crop.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  6. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

My personal opinion is that current ag XP is fine, though it would be nice if harvesting were included in the 50% XP events (only planting currently is). Shifting the watering XP from point of harvest to the watering itself might feel more rewarding though, and the all-or-nothing nature of the 3rd/4th water isn't great. These would be nice changes to see if they're easy enough to implement.

Given the saturation of the market I don't see farming needing to be incentivized further; many folks clearly have compelling enough answers to the "why farm" question to keep the crops coming. Could be that the upcoming crafting artifact changes make this untrue or perhaps we'll get some boost to agriculture that finally drives everything down to NPC buy-back price, time will tell.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.