Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please no map exit without confirmation

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Spoon, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In R11 there were several times that I "accidentally" exited maps.

It was specifically tiresome in dungeons, where double-click on one door would open it, but double-clicking on the next would exit the map and load the next.

Also when running around in the scenes without apparent borders the ‘blackening’ of the screen was too short if you weren’t paying full attention. Trying to survey the Kingsroad scene I exited twice even though I didn’t want to.

So pretty please with sugar on top add an exit splash.
    “Do you want to go to xxxx?” Y/N
    And for people who are not as clumsy as me, maybe the option to turn this off. (Unless changing a flag – like PvP).

Thank you

2. selbie

selbie Avatar

Yeah they need to make the exit fade over a longer distance so it's more obvious.

Vyrin and Mata like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Amen.

I brought this up in R10 feedback. It's really annoying, especially in some of the very small scenes where you forget that they're so small.

I was thinking that instead of a warning message, or instead of a longer period of time. I'd rather see some kind of markers that let you see it all in advance. I'd be fine with a different shade that just screams (this is the end!).

Lord Albert, Vyrin and Mata like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think a lot of us brought it up, but in a long list of other issues, so I thought I'd do the reverse this time around...
    :p

5. selbie

selbie Avatar

Yes, indeed :D

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, Jim Morrison should be at the end of every scene as a marker to the end of the map. That's perfect!

smack and selbie like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Agreed, as long as it is optional like PvP warning.

Siriustar and Arianna like this.
  8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Oh yes, this please.

What would also be cool as an indicator for leaving a scene is to make the avatar run while the camera will remain in place. The avatar gets smaller and smaller while running in the direction of the horizon. The current exit fade feels sooo claustrophobic. Hope you get what I tried to explain :).

9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I hope that they will create a much more natural way to exit to the world map. A zooming out to the isometric view. When you reach the exit of a scene, the camera begins to move to the isometric view and zooms out the further you come to the exit. Clouds and fog obscure the view, the world map loads in the background, the clouds vanish and you see the world map. It zooms out a bit more to the regular view and then you can walk around.
    The same with entering a scene. The camera zooms down, clouds/fog obscure the view, the scene loads in the background, the clouds vanish and you are in the scene. The view is still isometric but it zooms down fast into third person mode.
    This way it would look like as if the the world map would just be a zoomed out view and not a map that loads.

Kvothe Kingkiller likes this.
  10. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Ooh, I do like that idea! I wonder if it's possible? It would give a much better feeling to the 'exit' than we currently get with the fade to black.

It's definitely sometimes too abrupt - in some places, by the time I realise the darkness is closing in (and yes, it IS claustrophobic), it's too late to turn around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.