Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please put Town Criers at entrance of towns

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The title says it all...

The new huge PRTs are very attractive, but it is hard to find the town crier. The center of town is way far away from the entrance.

I also wish that town criers knew something about the town they represent. Currently, they understand nothing I have asked them except the number of available lots in the town. I'm sure this is on the radar, however, and will be an added feature at some point.

2. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

That reminds me - I really need to check out the new PRTs!

Also I agree with what you're saying. It would be useful to have a "greeter" with the town crier functions near the spawn point.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

They are not only huge, but the walking distances can easily get annoying, if you need to get to the bank from the keep on top of the mountain to carry your pledge rewards into the building.
    Some shortcut device, which zones you from your home to the center of the home town would come handy here.
    (Btw. I have problems to find the two remaining keep lots according to the town crier ... their walls seem to be hidden well from view (not that I had too much time to look for.)

4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Maybe not at the entrance, but if there's a really obvious road from the entrance to the centre of town, that'd work.

Agree that town criers should have some info about the town, and that that can wait till later.

Matheryn likes this.
  5. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I'm also hoping that the Town Crier can be linked to the POT entrance points, so that when POT owners are able to choose the scene entrance, the Town Crier is moved with the choice, so that no matter where you enter a POT, you see the Town Crier.

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I visited a PRT yesterday and noticed for the first time that the town crier was marked as a point of interest in my compass, which made it easy to find him, but it was a long walk. I ended up buying something from a player vendor, though, so it was worth my while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.