Please to Add a Second Recall Bind

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Satan Himself, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

For the many of us who own two (or more) houses, please reconsider adding a second binding point. I'm a resident of Beran's Reach in Novia, and Wizards Rest in the Hidden Vale. I frequent both towns, and while the single binding point makes life much more boring, it doesn't prevent me from visiting both. No regional economies are being fostered in my case, only the drudgery of walking and boating from town to town. I don't think I hunt more, or less, in the Hidden Vale just because I'm not bound to my house in Wizards Rest. So mostly it's just a boring PITA to cross the overland map to get to my houses.

Maybe even sell a second binding point in the Add-On Store. I'd buy it.

2. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Agree one bind point is not enough.

3. Denzel

Denzel Avatar

One recall point at your home and another one at a town crier of your choice. That would be awesome.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I would just pick a town crier somewhere in Drachvald. ;)

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I've got no issues with being able to bind to all of your properties. That should be one of the advantages to having multiple properties. I understand regional markets and all that bunk, but I still think it's ridiculous to only have easy access to one of your properties.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't have multiple properties anymore (back to basic pledge, but got a lucky row deed for the freebie lottery last release).

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

It would please me too to have a second bind point. Personaly, it would save me a lot of time. And I think it would not be a problem if there were no people who would use that opportunity to bypass regional restrictions. Scrolls costs only about 125 to 150 gold coins and even they are not usable when overweighted, I don't doubt some will find their way to make big profits.
    And then, the hijack of use of this second bind point would probably become standard for everyone.

7. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

As much as I understand and would love the convenience of a second bind point, I also enjoy it, that with roving encounters and such longer travels are actually an adventure of its own. They are making the world kind of larger again, which I find most apealing and should support the idea of local economies. With two bind-points transporting stuff from all over the world maybe would become too easy again... so I'm kind of sitting between the chairs here, but I think I kind of more agree with the one bind-spot we currently have right now.

8. Selene

Selene Avatar

I agree with the two bindpoint suggestion.

I think you should be able to bind to 1 personal home/town crier of choice and also to a guildhouse. That way you can be bound in a POT with your guild and to your personal home somewhere else.

9. moko

moko Avatar

I'd love to be able to do that, being able to bind to more than one lot would be very convenient. I really don't see the negative impact for regional economy because right now I'm utilizing teleport scrolls and my friend list if I want to go anywhere fast anyways...

10. Curt

Curt Avatar

A teleport to a specific place at the top of each magic school is what I suggest

11. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Please don't. Please remove teleport.

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I know not everyone has access to a secondary account or a guild, but via those possibilities you already have your second bind point. Bind to your house, and have a teleport mule in the form of a secondary account, or for guild, a specified account logged in to a particular location for just that purpose. Recall home, or teleport to friend. The option already exists.

Note, I am putting these forward, while having neither at my disposal.

13. Selene

Selene Avatar

And the chaos version just drops you off somewhere random every time.....naked. :D

14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

For many people when they bought their second house it already came with that ability (i.e. you could teleport directly to any property you owned before they introduced bind points in R27). Taking that ability away and then selling it to them a second time would seem a bit of a d*** move.

Vaiden Luro and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  15. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

No seem about it. It would be, and already was when they killed that the first time. They have such a desire to get regional economies going, but haven't done ANYTHING worthwhile for balancing the economy in general. Adding an extra bind point or two would have minimal impact to what there already is.

Vaiden Luro, Budner and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Why stop at two? Add in runes and the recall and mark spells!

Kal Ort Por!

Budner and Arc like this.
  17. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

OH! Well hello there Selene ;)

Budner and x_Selene_x like this.
  18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

This is definitely one of the worst mechanics IMO. One single recall bind. UO lasted 19 years with no restrictions in this area, and any shard I've played that only allowed one or two recall runes has flopped hard.

Power to the players! +1 OP

Quenton and Budner like this.
  19. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

LOVE the chaos version concept - but gear gets sent to random banks if removed. Not all gear should be removed, tho' - you're understating the joys of chaos if you go for an absolute where you could have variables!

Additionally, I like that everyone has one bind point. Hard to get more even handed than that. Yes, makes the multi-home owner (or home and guild, or home and business(es), whatever) have a harder time of it - um, sorry?

IMO, keep it as is. Yes, it's annoying. I'm PERFECTLY fine with that.

LoneStranger likes this.
  20. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

The ability to mark runes, recall and moongate was an outstanding game feature in UO

I would love to see this in SotA

Quenton, Budner and jammaplaya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.