Please work on mob resistances!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One thing that would really require some love in this game is mobs resistances, especially magical resistances. There has been ups and downs between Magic and Physical for such a long time, one being superior to the other and taking turns, but the thing is, when we say magic, we really just mean Fire. Fire is the king magical school for DPS, and I understand that, but there needs to be a chance for other magical schools to compete, not everywhere, but in some zones. As an example, Air magic offers some nice stuns and stuff, but in terms of DPS, as soon as you get into the lategame, the DPS falls down so much, You can't kill trolls with Air, You cant kill liches, most magical mobs are almost 99% resistant, so basically if you play an air mage, you either have to group, or use a physical weapon. Please note I am talking about Lategame PvE (so T10 zones or higher).

This is true for Water magic as well, and I have not tried Earth though so I couldn't talk for Earth, considering it seems to be more physical than magical, it could be decent. I tried doing late game content with water, and apart from not dying, I wasn't killing mages either.

What I would like here is to have actual elemental weaknesses for mobs, I know it was added to "burning skeletons" to make them weak to water, which is nice, but it needs to be more like this especially for late game. I say this because Not all magical schools have as much resistance debuffs as fire (which can debuff for what, 200+ points of resistance, while water can only remove 20 points). I am also not asking to buff these schools, not at all, just to make some mobs weak to these schools of magic, so that we can deal more damage than usual on these mobs. A perfect example is the new shadow monsters, if they arent WEAK (and when I say weak I mean damage increase compared to usual) to sun, they should be, a shadow should be afraid of the sun, so it would make sense that sun deals enough damage to kill these shadow monsters on its own. I feel like these weaknesses should be enough that a mage with 300+ Int and 200+ Attunement in a school should be able to deal twice or more the amount of damage to beat their regeneration.

Once again, I am not asking to buff these schools of magic, I am simply asking that mobs have actual weaknesses that allows these schools of magic to not be physical dependent when fighting in SOME T10 zones, obviously in different zones for different schools.

Aldo and Chiasma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.