Pledge Tier Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Has it been 4 months already? Is there a chance we could get an update on the pledge tier stats on a quarterly basis? I enjoy seeing the numbers grow. :)

It would also be nice to see the impact of the new pledge tiers that were added as well as Steam and Bitcoin.

[​IMG]

2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

It would be awesome to see an update on this!

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Dang ...... 700 knight pledges and counting ....... that's my tier. Hope there are some good spots left for benefactors knights.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

That was back in May. They added additional tiers since then. You'll be fine. Just make sure you show up the moment your time to pick a spot occurs.

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

also with the addition of player owned towns will free up a lot of housing lots.

6. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

Indeed! You and I will be racing against each other :p I feel a bit stressed. I hope all of us here have a different ideal spot in mind and will get what we want most without a clash :D

7. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

As a benefactor knight, I'm behind Royal Founders and Founders. And competing directly with other benefactor knights. I would think that at least 300-400 of the best village spots are taken before I can even get online to place my knight home, and then I'm competing with hundreds of benefactor knights. Yikes.

No interest in player towns where I can be booted at the whim of the POT owner.

Would appreciate clarification from the Devs that sufficient space will be available in non-POT towns at launch. Based on current (R11) content, I don't see how that could be true. Will I be forced to take a spot in a POT?

8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Sorry, I can't edit my posts in this forum for some reason. I meant to reference R10 above.

9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Quite possibly. Your deed entitles you to a lot. The location is not guaranteed. (Hence the Great Land Rush o_O) You might want to reconsider and start checking out some POTs just in case you can't place in your desired NPC city, town, or village (which are likely to fill up very fast :eek:).

10. Drocis the Devious

Three things...

1. I share your concern with Player Owned Towns (POT's). Unless there's some kind of systemically enforced stability, I wouldn't want to live in one either. It's just too much power for one or a small group of players to have. There has to be some kind of mechanic that ensure that you have rights to a lot (regardless of what the player town owner says) as long as you're paying your taxes and rent or whatever. Otherwise, there's just too much risk involved for my tastes.

2. Regardless of #1, I think where POT's will benefit you is that many other players will ignore this risk and venture out into the unknown world of POTs, giving you more opportunity to find a good spot in an NPC town.

3. The Devs have said many times that there will be a great deal of housing lots available, and that they WILL NOT overbook (over sell) the lots. So if you have a lot, you're not going to get shut out and be forced to live in a player town. At least, that's my understanding. I don't think R10 or R11 or even R14 will be a great indicator of how many lots will be available at launch. The only large town we have to look at so far is Ardoris, and it's primarily made up of Row Housing. Despite the fact that the FAQ's read as follows:

For the record, I LOVE Ardoris, but it's interesting that there are literally NO city lots in the entire town. That said, there are still three "major" towns that we have yet to see in-game Aerie, Resolute, and Brittany (which is really more like 7 towns in one). So I wouldn't worry about there being enough space, and I wouldn't worry about not finding a good spot or being forced into a POT. I'd worry that your internet connection is good on lot selection day and you've scheduled a day off from work. :)

Budner likes this.
  11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Hmm...that''s not how I interpret it o_O Remember, number of deeds = number of lots available, so some of those players holding lot deeds will definitely have to place in player owned towns (POT). The developer have never said that you are a guaranteed to place in a NPC city, town, or village :(

12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Thanks Baron.

I just did a quick count of the village lots in Ardoris, Braemar, Kingsport and Owl's Head. Total of about 80 village lots. That might cover about 10% of the current backer knight pledges. There are even fewer town lots which are needed to cover 300+ backer pledges including town lots. Also quite short on city lots. These are all people who have contributed at least $800 to SOTA.

In any event, currently, there is a MASSIVE lot shortage.

That said, I do trust and believe that the devs will honor the commitment to have sufficient space for all backers, and I've never been under the illusion that this wouldn't be a crazy land grab, but the solutions appear to be:

1) live in a POT (great for some people but not for me, at least not at this moment)
    2) create new non-POT towns with sufficient space to cover pledges
    3) expand the size/borders of existing towns to include new lots
    4) some combination of the above which I actually assume will be the case

13. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

why do you think that?

Lets say for example there is equal numbers of player owned and NPC towns. They have said multiple times that you will still be able to buy land in game for gold after release and that there will be MORE of them than there are backer plots. Therefore logically even IF you are right and that they count them both all backers should be able to get an NPC plot if they want and then after launch the new players would be the ones who would have to buy in player owned towns. Particularly as some backers (like those who bought them) will WANT to be in a player town

14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

If that's the case, and I think you're correct, most backers will be forced into POTs. :(:mad:

15. Drocis the Devious

You're right, they haven't said that...but player owned towns are very new.

They had previously, before they ever thought of player owned towns, said they would not over book. So I'm assuming they're not going try to say that players will have to goto POTs. That just doesn't make any sense, and I would be surprised if we didn't get clarification on this very soon because the implication would be that players that don't like PVP would end up in POTs that have open PVP. It just can't be correct.

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

BTW I was just focusing on knight pledges, which come first for village lots. After them come Edelman and Citizens. Over 1000 of them.

17. Drocis the Devious

I thought Ardoris has over 200 houses by itself? I thought I heard that somewhere.

I think the devs will make enough NPC lots to support the demand for launch and use POTs as an overflow device that will help lubricate lot selection during the early days. :)

Again, I don't think this will be a problem.

18. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Ardoris is all row houses.

19. Drocis the Devious

Right right! I forgot even though I'd just said it myself a few posts up. :)

Yeah it's going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 2nd pass on Ardoris, putting village, town, and city lots on the inside of the large walled areas.

City management sounds like a fun job in SOTA. :)

20. Gabriel Nightshadow

Sure, you can buy a lot in game for gold after release, but there is no guarantee you will be able to place it in an NPC town because there are a fixed number of lots of each type allocated, unless they decide to expand them over time. (No indication given of that happening o_O) You can run over to another NPC town and see if there any open lots still available, but if not, you will have to place in a player owned town (or wait until an opening occurs in a NPC town).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.