Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plot Squatting

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kirthag, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Thank you.
    As said before, I haven't the time or inclination to go reading stuffs... too busy getting ready for school (I am crazy, returning to college after 30 years!) and studying. Once the schedule settles, will most likely be paying more attnetion.

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

A number of us saw this coming and pointed it out ages ago. You should have spoken up (and got shouted down along with the rest of us) then. =P

Tahru likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It was going to happen anyway, why don't we embrace it? :) Surely you don't want all those quest hats? :) One day they may be worth some store credit or in game items you want... we will benefit directly this way.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Embracing bad behavior is not my style.

Baalice likes this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It is just a different way to deal with the problem UO and others have.. a different way of thinking :)

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I suppose you have a point to avoid getting stressed over something you have no control over. While I am consigned to the idea that there is nothing I can do to stop them, so I am not stressed. But what I can do is make them feel unwelcome, which is a little payback for profiteering on good people in a place where it's not supposed to happen.

Baalice and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I've not seen this done and don't do anything of the sort myself but I don't see why it's a problem. The only people that they can effectively sell to is someone who is in the same or earlier selection group. There's no way to jump the queue.

Here's a related example - A guild mate and I both claimed lots in the same group. I was hoping and trying for the lot he got but he beat me to the click fair and square. After some running around he found a different lot which he preferred so he let me know he was going to make my first choice available and take another one. No money changed hands but from a selection process perspective that exactly what you're describing above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.