Poll - Binding Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Feb 26, 2016.

?

How many binding points would you prefer?

1. None. I already have enough binding in my life.

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. One. The way it's designed in R27 is good.

37 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. Two. Because two is better than one. Unless you're talking about wars or flesh wounds.

65 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

One is too many the way it is set up now.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

And should be at least a 1 hour limit. Forget this 10 min nonsense

3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Wait no 24 hour limit :)

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I would like to add, only if it could influence trade. Otherwise I say teleport all day long with no limit.

5. smack

smack Avatar

Bind/Recall and Teleport that have unlimited distance capability have made Lunar Rifts useless -- and to a large extent the upcoming intercontinental travel via Boats and Balloons/Airships useless as well. Why bother learning how the Rifts work? Why bother risking any iota of danger with long-distance sea/air travel?

As currently implemented, it truly devalues the lore and dilutes the experience in the name of ultimate convenience. But I'm not against them entirely. I just think they should be limited in capability or changed in some ways.

Anyways, zero bind points, for now. :)

6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

We have both players, hardcore and casual.
    Assuming, you are a casual player, who has only 20 to 30 Minutes per day, would you really like to spend most of the game time travelling in a long shot?
    I am usually a casual player too. The last games I played (like LotRO) often had the situation, that on launch a bunch of patches wanted to be downloaded ... at the time the patch was finished, I lost interest or time to login or do even more.

Of course I am not sure, how many players of an online game are casual players, but I imagine we cannot effort to lose them in an early stage after SotA launch due to more inconvenience and grind than fun. Its a virtual world, but it's a game too. And nobody is forced to play games or getting addicted to them, if they are not fun.

So each design decision is also a compromise.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I have two homes and at the moment I can't even remember how to get back to one of them since they removed the teleport to home function. Portalarium sold a a lot of pledge rewards that came with two deeds and I think it's important to be able to teleport to ones home in game. So to address this I would like to see a couple of bind points and to prevent teleportation abuse simply put the spell on a shared timer, so the player decides which bind point they want to teleport to. They can simply set a large timer on this say once every 24 hours and for anyone that doesn't contain a property they can simply choose two bind points of their choosing based on existing rules so they are not at a disadvantage and I strongly agree with allowing all players to set their guild hall as a bind point.

Lord Baldrith and Budner like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am liking how the recall and teleport scrolls are currently working.

9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I'm what you would call a casual player. I think if in my limited time to play, getting to places was as easy as teleporting then I'd wonder why we even have a map and a world to explore. In PvP, being able to guild chat that you have a victim, or are getting attacked, and have everyone online able to teleport to you since you're on their friend list, seems like we're missing out on quite a bit of interesting gameplay.. In other words, by teleporting, we're taking shortcuts that skip massive parts of gameplay. distance and time and weight limits should all be important factors to consider while playing the game, to balance into strategies. This can be done when playing casually as well as for hardcore, also it's more interesting and intuitive, so I think it's more fun too. Skipping all that is skipping the fun, in my opinion.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Atmosfear like this.
  10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The current system with one or two binds is patently unfair to those of us who have no friends. People with friends will be transporting all over the map while some of us will be left to bind to a town crier, or resort to buying friends. I can see a booming business in the future selling friendships. With four or more strategically placed "friends" who never move and are online 24/7 could be quite lucrative.

Edit.... Spelling

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

People do have options, though. If they don't like recall, if it's taking away their immersion, then don't use it. Let those who would enjoy the game without spending too much of their limited time for commuting. Some may already send hours of their lives just to make a round trip between home and work, there is no need to waste anymore of the precious time.

Economy does not solely base on the time travel especially if it takes only about 10-20 mins to move stuff around, which cost the hauler nothing but time. It is the supply and demand that has much bigger factor. I mean if the product price is ruined just because someone can teleport the good, then we have bigger problem.

12. Womby

Womby Avatar

If we had two binding points per account I would do the following:
    Have multiple accounts: #1, #2 , #3, etc.
    On account #1 use binding points to fast travel between location A and location B. Buy stuff at A, store it at B. On account #2 use binding points to fast travel between location B and location C. Grab stuff that account #1 stored at B, store it at C. On account #3 use binding points to fast travel between location C and location D, etc...

With enough accounts I could open up my own post office.

For me, with strength increased through heavy armour innate, there would be no such thing as economic zones.

This is wrong. I need to be stopped!

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would Loath that.

14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Is there something so special about guilds that they should have a special additional bind point? If people want to bind to their guild house, then they should use their personal house bind to do it IMO. I am tired of special treatment offered to "accepted preferred" types of play. I realize that the guild bind point has not been introduced yet, but am proactively declaring my indignation.

15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What stopping people from using multiple accounts and friended themselves to use the supply line of teleportation already? The issue isn't with two bindings, it's with the people who want to game the system that was designed to let other people enjoy the actual and ruin it for everyone else.

Sure the rift gate is cool with the lore and such. If you have time to wait, then good for you. Keep using it and avoid recall and teleport at all cost. Why force someone else who ain't get no time for bus stop to play?

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

With Teleport to friends we already have many moving places to jump top, so I vote for backpack + bank slot + lot item count + house item count + basement item count PLUS 1 for number of runes to bind with.
    The Story book had a RUNE, RUNE Yes a Rune. It happened in Sota history, we can not deny history.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  17. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

One bindpoint, two bindpoints, ... , bindpoints ^n ... some years ago they were called runes and rune-books.

Faster movement means less used time and more time to get bored which drives ppl away. The movement between areas is short enough (I remember really long way in old days).
    A jump home every hour is ok for me.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Love it, @Duke Lorimus , especially the Bfe part... ;)

19. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Ok, I had to change my vote to 2 because, frankly, not being able to fast travel to my primary lot really, really stinks when I am wanting to travel from wherever the latest event is being held by my guild (Sandillox Ent). Live and learn, eh?

Budner likes this.
  20. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

IF we had fast mounts and ships then maybe teleporting all around the overland map wouldn't be an issue... *wink* *nudge*

Acred, Budner and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.