Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Poll: NPC's Casting Magic

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Cryodacry, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Do you wish that NPC's would go back to R46 Casting Habits

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I don't think this has formally been addressed. From all of the high level players i play with the general consensus is that all NPC's casting has taken away from the game.

This is a Classless game. Though i personally find it enjoyable for the NPC's to have classes. Fighters should not be spamming earthquake. Archers should not be casting fireball. Mages should not be flinging arrows. As This really brings flavor to the NPC's.

So cast your vote and lets see how the community feels.

Trihugger likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I have to agree with you. I would have preferred work on the AI of those enemies or giving them access to more abilities (fighters actually using more than rend/stuns for example). This feels... clunky and I'm not sure how much of it is just the "newness" of it or if it really does feel cheap.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I need a sit on the fence option - i think its good more variety of spell is in use, and that archers may fling spells - as me with my bow does exactly the same. However, for me the bigger issue is the buggers never run out of focus!! they seem to have max skill (for their level) in all things and so their heals never seem to land for 5hp, or fizzles, Im also not sure Ive ever seen an npc get interrupted.. heck we have even had/got corpses who fire fireballs at us.

I like the idea of the r47 changes I just think we need tweeks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.