Poll/Petition about roofs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Micmatty, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Should Roofs count as internal deco?

1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

74.1%
  3. Roof having its own deco limit

11.1%
  4. external should be increased

3.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Hi all I'm starting up a poll to see if others agree with me and then maybe it is something port can change in the future if enough people agree.

I know that the roof is technically outside but to me in essence it is still a floor of the house and as such I believe it should act as internal instead of external or the roof could have its own deco limits.

Example: 6 lighting, 25 objects, 15 containers.

Reason I am asking is mostly do to the external lighting restriction of just 8 on village lots. I have 8 shogun string lights around my house and it looks just beautiful but when I go on my roof specially during night time it dark as F up there and would like to have light there too but don't want to get rid of my string lights. I just want my house to look how I want and I am sure others do aswell.

If you agree please hit yes

If you think it should be left how it is hit no

If you are somewhat in the middle hit roof having its own deco limit

If you think external should be increased hit external should be increased

Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Would be lovely if feasible, but I think the limits are there to try to mitigate the sometimes horrendous lag that comes from loading objects into a scene. I am running game on a high end machine (gtx 1080 etc) and run most games like butter but still have problem with lag in this game which seems mostly due to object loading optimization in POT scenes primarily. I'm with you in theory, but would vote no on this unless they could do it efficiently.

Elwyn, Gaelis, Vaiden Luro and 4 others like this.
  3. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Good point would have to make sure there is no performance issues.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Just want to add that I updated my post/poll to include a third option that could be a middle ground to not getting as bad performance.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't think it's going to be roofs being inside or not, they would have to redo a bunch of systems. What you actually need is more outside lighting allowance.

One thing to consider is putting you village house on a town sized lot. You'd have lots of space in your yard and more lights.

Otherwise you will need to wait for a deco limit increase (it's happened before) or being a torch or miners helmet.

6. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Besides possible performance issues I am surprised most people are hitting no from posts I read it always seemed home customization/deco were important to people guess I must of misread into this.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It is, but the reason I hit no is for the reasons I listed above. Moving roofs to be indoors would cause a cascade of problems and take a lot of developer time. They'd be better off just putting that time into optimizations and making it so you can use more lights. If that was an answer I would have said yes. I'm all for you having enough lights.

8. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I get what your saying and I agree they should increase external lighting. I guess I should of put that instead of trying to have it changed to internal but I still agree with what I said that it is in essence a floor of the house so you'd think it would of been internal to begin with.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I understand where you're coming from, but if I'm not mistaken the main purpose of having internal vs. external is that all internal can in some way cull decorations and lights from people on the outside. A can never truly be said to do that, as you could put it down in a valley and people far away would be looking at it.

So it's not so much the floor that is important, as the walls.

10. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I guess a issue may be with me as well cause I just prefer things bright I can't tell you how many times me and my brother conplain how dark some of these areas are specially some dungeons and like I know there is night version but to be frank it's ugly as f I'd prefer if it worked like UO and not give that weirdish green tint

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah I hear you. Chris the developer calls it "ugly mode" :p

12. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

LOL that is to funny :D

13. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

No.

Outside is outside, inside is inside. Roof is outside.

The limits are there for performance reasons

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This increases the amount out outside farming slots you have. If it is jyst about lights, then if performance can take it just increase the amount of outside lights. Persumably it cannot or they would have increased them. I have to load you roof light, just like your outside lights as I walk past.

Hopefully as performance increases so will these limits as time goes on.

Spung

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.