[Poll] Sacrifice NPC town player-housing for a richer pve experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rada Torment, Nov 15, 2016.

?

Would you sacrifice NPC town player-housing for a more rich pve experience?

1. Yes, player-housing should focus on POT/PRTs

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Yes, but only on those with heavy quest/lore content

16 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. No, player-housing should be possible on all npc towns/cities ingame

48 vote(s)
    61.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

This is why I voted NO and not because I am against consequential questing or NPC housing.

it is a poorly designed poll that does not represent better possible solutions that will allow consequential questing to co-exist with housing. It instead uses loaded words like sacrifice, which will clearly bias the poll a certain way into thinking they will be evicted from their their house they paid for with a yes answer.

Of course people will say don't take my merchant NPC spot. But what if the solution kept a static merchant in the NPC town? What if they could still have a house in the NPC town, but it is moved to an instance just like their basement or the nested town or divided city districts already are so that they could still enjoy the more unique scenic NPC town ? (Of course assume they speed up loading screens....). So how about a new poll that instead asks people what compromises they are willing to make to get a consequential story into NPC towns.

With the basement type instance, nobody else can see you frosty snowman display unless they are invited to your house. But it does not mean you are IN the basement, look at Dragon Reach in skyrim - it is an instance that you can see all the scenery of the NPC town.

With the housing section instance, everybody can see the frosty display, but only after they leave the gate from the town center where all the NPCs hang out, big cities are already divided this way. Soltown can easily carve out the refugee camp and the SolTown fort and the graveyard into their own instance. It is the same trick the gates use now - you can see thru the gate so it appears to be an open world when it is actually zoned. ESO uses the exact same trick to hide its zones.

Yes they are stuck with the MMO database that SOTA has, so instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, how can the database be used as is to have consequential stories coexist with player housing.

So do not vote NO because you are afraid of being evicted, instead find a better compromise where PC housing and consequential NPC story can play together.

Interestingly despite the clear bias of NO don't evict me inherent in this poll, it is amazing that it is as high as a 40/60 split. Which shows that compromise solutions should seriously be considered.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.