Porta, Any Paticular Reason Why My Multiplayer Is Unplayable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whiskiz, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

So for awhile now my multiplayer has been completely unplayable in towns or zones with more than a couple people.

I have 280ms aussie ping but that just means some slight lag and delay on player position. Now though i get really, really chuggy and players sometimes dont render, ill be in pvp and if friends dont render and randomly turn invis, i cant heal or support or even see where they are.

If its the people im fighting that turn invis/stop rendering, i have to just stand afk while they kill me or full relog and die in the meantime, which helps for another 5min until it gets too chuggy and more players stop rendering again, etc. Plus a few other graphical glitches like trees going black and player tombstones from pvp completely turning to pink.

I have played this for months and never had a problem, until recently. I made a bug/technical report of it here and sent in a ticket but no response from the bug report and the response from the ticket said to make a bug report, lol..

The only thing that has changed on my end is we recently had NBN internet installed in my area and switched over, but it was meant to be an upgrade, though i guess not, but i havent had any issues with any other online games or anything else.

I tried to test some pvp again just now after leaving for a week or so and it was still too chuggy and players were still randomly not rendering anymore so i had to sit out of a group tournament. The same thing happened in Owls Head. It got so bad in OH that i crashed then was killed by someone who kept running away to the entrance of the place, i guess he noticed i wasnt fighting back so he took the opportunity to become brave and kill me, then when i relogged in i had 50hp so i was hit 3 times for another death and received a 2k gold ransom penalty because of it, lol.

Awhile ago i crashed and it even crashed my entire internet so i waited for a bit then had to restart my PC, a friend said it may have been bad packet loss then, that packet loss can do that.

Either way my shits pretty unplayable and i was just wondering if there was any paticular reason why?

We had talks in guild about going to play Albion Online while taking a break from this and we've already bought packs and referred eachother for rewards, it starts 2moro for the highest pack buy-in, but for me i really dont have a choice in going somewhere else, either way.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

The answer, before your very eyes.

If I drop to more than 100ms, with my italian ping, I'd gouge my eyes with a (chaos) spoon.

Packet loss is never a cause. Packet loss is an effect.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

What are your system specs?

I put a new video card (went from duel GeForce 460s to a single 980 GTX) into an aging Core I7 desktop PC and it made a tremendous difference for loading screens and towns.

4. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack thinks that it is too early to indicate a loss of said packets. A delay in round trip packets he is experiencing is not the same as packet loss. Think of it like this, Captain Jack gives the order to make sail but his crew are drunk so it will take some time to get moving. It isn't like Captain Jack gives the order to make sail and the sails fly off the ship...

Captain Jack thinks Whiskiz should look inward to his own internet sailing vessel.

Logain and Montaigne like this.
  5. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Haha its not the ping, ive had to play on 460ms before on prepaid wireless internet dongle for a year or 2, and while it had literally almost a half second delay, it didnt cause 5 FPS kind of chugginess and definitely has never caused graphical glitches on top like characters to stop rendering, tree's turning black, other objects randomly turning pink and not only my game crashing but it crashing the internet as well, etc.

Over 200ms is standard for aussies, 250ms to 350ms, seriously. Again, it just usually means a bit of player position delay and some good ol fashioned lag. I can deal with that, quite easily being so used to it, i even went ranged to counteract this (hard to run up and hit ppl in melee if you dont quite get updated on exactly where they are at all times) but when the game crashes, the internet crashes, i get extreme chugginess and players stop rendering, etc....

Specs are:

Processors: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 A 3.33GHZ (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHZ
    Memory: 12288 RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (All updated drivers)

Again id been playing this fine for months, so i dont think its my PC (Even if the graphics card is a bit older, its still more than enough for this game and again was fine for months.) The only thing having changed on my end as mentioned is switching internet to NBN. Downloading went from literally a max of 600kb/s to up to 8 mb/s, so i cant imagine latency or anything else taking a complete opposite nose dive, though i guess i do seem to be the only one having these issues so it must be something on my end..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There is a Town FPS bug, Starr is looking into it.

7. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

It not only happens in towns for me, but any zone, in multiplayer and when there is more than 3 or 4 players around. Its just worse in towns. Maybe im feeling this FPS leak and general unoptimization and other performance issues and bugs alot more, with the 280ms overseas latency.

To the point of being unplayable though..

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I live in Queensland. I get a spike in latency now and then but is playable, there is something new going wrong.

9. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Ah fair enough, hm..

Meh. Albion Online, here i (we) come.

By the way, even though i was chugging insanely during that free for all event in Vengeance we recently had, being a town and over 10+ players, and people stopped rendering for me left and right, those couple fights we had were still good fun haha :)

10. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack wonders, is this thread a request for help or advertisement for another game?

SmokerKGB and Katrina Bekers like this.
  11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

yeah pvp is fun this release, only a couple of skills feel like they need a tweak ^.^

12. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Cause mentioning even the name of another game in a forum, ever, automatically means you're advertising for that game amirite?

Not that Albion needs advertising, being so populated already with regular guild roams in the numbers like these:

For real.

and apparently sometimes up to 70man roams and tons of guilds with all different sized groups having fights and wars all over the place. Im not gonna advertise anything unless they pay me haha. I was just saying where im going and what im going to end up doing since its unplayable for me here (and god knows why)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  13. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Ok.

14. Womby

Womby Avatar

@Whiskiz

I'm in South Australia, and have not experienced those problems.

Ping can be greatly improved by your choice of ISP (go to http://whirlpool.net.au/ for good information on ISPs and lots of other stuff). Different ISPs route your traffic differently.

FPS can be massively improved by upgrading your graphics card, and/or significantly improved by adjusting game video settings.

Also keep in mind the minimum requirements of the game. Do you have enough RAM? Are you running a relatively modern OS capable of directly addressing it all?

15. Logain

Logain Avatar

Did you check his postings @Womby?
    Win 7 as 64 bit build can easily address the 12 GB Ram of his PC and SotA has a minimum requirement of 6, so that's hardly the issue. His GTX 680 is not speedy, but certainly won't cause that sort of issue because of lack of power.

@Whiskiz, what graphic settings are you using for SotA? Have you tried to alter them? You mention multiplayer as if the problem wouldn't occur in singleplayer, is that the case?

16. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

What are you pinging?

17. Womby

Womby Avatar

No. My bad. Generic advice was too generic (and mostly not applicable in this specific case).

Logain likes this.
  18. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and I noticed a lag this version as well in areas as well when there is users around.. though I did notice it as well before but it was usually in owls head with many users around. but this time it seems it fewer to cause the lag..

I had a six core i7 and a Geforce GTX 780 and 16 gigs ram.. ( game also on a SD drive ) resolution set a 1920 x 1080, 60hz , windows 7 ultimate..

19. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Indeed man, thanks for the help. It would not happen in single but in multi, in zones with either more than 4 or so players, or towns. I turned the graphics down to "fastest" im not worried about graphics in games where i am playing comptetitively in pvp, instead prefer maximum performance expecially with the aussie ping.

20. Logain

Logain Avatar

Does it happen instantly in multiplayer when you enter a scene with more than 4 players, or is it going to happen 'over time'?
    Have you tried crafting multiple items in solo player in Adoris over roughly an hour and a half? Would that lead to similar results?

What's your setting for Shadow Distance, Anti-aliasing, Camera Effects, Camera Bloom, Peripheral Lighting, Cull Interior Decorations and Aggressive Decoration Loading?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.