Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Portalarium aid, or am I missing something by chance?

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Grayle, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

Wasn't quite sure how to title this one. I got to play R11 for about 15 minutes, so I am pretty new to the game. I have a high level pledge and a POT. I like to think I am pretty good at MMO's as well.

In most MMO's, especially with player economies, I realize that there is a large amount of secrecy when it comes money making and exp spots.

I am not asking anyone for those secrets.... I have time to figure out my own. However, I wanted to ask if Portal is giving a limited amount of backers/founders the items that come with their pledge.

Granted I have yet to play 24 hours in R12, but I am up to lvl 40. I have been able to snag a village lot in Owl's, but I have yet to get enough for a home as well. I see some crazy city plots set up with some pricey homes. I think some might literally be the pledge homes, not the merchant equivalents.

As far as I can tell, there is only the hidden vale and the locations from the portal at Owl's. NO mainland exploration outside of a scene or two.

Again, not looking for any secrets, but just wondering if I am missing something. I have no issue with Portal handing out some pledge items to some players. We have some great players in this community that put in a LOT of time. Much more than I can give atm. I understand the need for testing and such. I know it is not easy for Portal to implement it for all backers now.

I plan on learning a lot of this game through trial and error, and through friends I make in the coming days/months.

LOL, I guess long story short... I am wondering if some players are being helped out for testing purposes (totally fine) or if all these lots have been earned from scratch (meaining ZERO gold)? If all of these are earned from scratch, I know that I will need to figure out some things. :) If they were helped, I can feel better thinking that I am gaining a pretty good grasp of this game.

Thanks!

Cya all in game!

Lord Marshal Grayle

Jynx likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Dev+ members received early access to R12 on Tuesday and Wednesday, so had a leg-up on everyone.

Several devs also provided seed money to a number of community members to help with lot purchases.

You are correct. That is the current extent of the game in this release. :)

Jynx and Grayle like this.
  3. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

Thanks for the info! Being part of the Dev+, I saw the early sessions. Just work got in the way. :)

I guess if I really think about it, I would be better off having played during the week as well.

Thanks again Duke Raas.

Duke Raas likes this.
  4. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter Avatar

They originally planned on having the first pass at the mainland overworld in R12, but it got pushed to later; instead they wanted to put all their overworld map efforts into improving the quality of the Hidden Vale's overworld (and they did an awesome job, it's massively better than it was in R11).

Duke Raas and Duke Olahorand like this.
  5. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

agreed, I really like the maps and scenes atm. the quality is improving noticeably with each release. always good to see when you are an investor. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.