Possible Fix for the RTX cards issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Scanphor, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

For those still getting the "FPS tanking when looking in one direction" specific to modern Nvidia cards, this is looking very promising... If you don't know what issue I'm talking about this isn't for you ;)

The video guide below was linked at the bottom of this old thread on the issue [Submitted 68713] Performance issues still there for RTX cards | Page 4 | Shroud of the Avatar Forum

I didn't do it at the time as it was a generic Windows 11 guide and I've had the issue since well before Windows 11, but tried it and thus far it seems to have eliminated the problem..

It involves a couple of registry edits so at your own risk etc etc :)

The entries that need changed are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

GameDVR_Enabled - set to 0 (was 0 already on my PC)
    GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode - set to 2 (was 0 on my PC)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\AllowGameDVR

value - set to 0 (was 1 on my PC)

Video here from about 0:35 to 3:20 covers it step by step How to Fix Low FPS in Windows 11 When Gaming - YouTube

Clearly after doing so I'd restart the PC

Be interested to hear others' experience with this

Sentinel2, Anpu, StarLord and 2 others like this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Wouldn´t that be only a temporary fix until the new version of Unity has been adopted for the game that then supports the newer graphics cards that Unity 2018 did not?

3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Just to clarify what that option is, its a setting in Windows Settings -> Gaming -> Captures (under windows 10-11) to record what happen in the background.
    To activate this when its enabled you gotta press "window key + alt + g" and it start record for the next 2 hours.
    And yes this is performance hungry. It should be off by default but could be activated by default on higher specs computer.

FrostII, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.