1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Possibly Use Royalty-Free Fantasy Music?

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Datendrache, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I'm just throwing this out there, I have nothing against the existing music in the game and used it on several occasions in various contests and videos. However, players over the years have mentioned in several critiques about SotA about the music in various scenes. I'm not sure if they are referring to the fact its one song in the loop per scene, or if they are referring to the fact that it seems that about 10 of them get more playtime than all the others.

Recently (especially around 2020), I've noticed Royalty-Free music has become more available from many genres, some even from content creators that focused on providing for gaming studios. They have been making their rounds around Humble Bundle and Groupees. While the "Royalty-Free" designation is not common in music bundles, it has been appearing more often as of late, and the price tags have been close to unbeatable (< $10).

I'm wondering if it would make sense to acquire about 50-100 or more songs this way and add them to play loops in scenes in order to be a bit more interesting on the ears.

Sincerely,

Engineer

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.