POST release 1 Feedback / Suggestions:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skalex, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

I am sorry. This is not a bug.

I didn't find anywhere else in the game features forum to post these ideas. There is no UI section in it really so here I am. I did not think Dev Depot was the appropriate spot either.
    Perhaps we could open sub forums to discuss and give feedback that isn't in bug submission form, now that we have experienced the game a bit. Could be the same sub forums as the bug submissions.. Just a suggestion.

Here I go anyhow. (hope this gets moved to appropriate place in forums and not deleted)

Based off my great experience with release 1, which was... great. Thank You Devs.
    Here are a couple suggestions to make the game feel better in my opinion.

I found bird flight and windmill blade turn rate too fast. This is an opinion. Not a windmill expert, but seems fast.

Auto Turn-around: Tapping 'S' 2x to auto turn-around would be amazing.

Reset Camera Feature: 2x Right Mouse would reset the camera angle to behind character.

Thank you so much for allowing to test the game. Look forward to the next test. Keep it up!

2. Lord Viator

Lord Viator Avatar

Moved to general discussion.

3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I would like alot more zoom out. I assume the camera is just a rough draft anyway.
    I hope for at least several more variations in the trees.

hammer725 and tekkamansoul like this.
  4. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

Great game play thus far. A few areas I would like to see tweaked are...

1. Control mechanics - feel to clunky, particularly mouse interaction. Need more/better control on controller setup/mapping
    2. Mouse viewing - should be able to zoom out more, and need to be able to look straight up.
    3. Falling animation - I don't think we are going to get jumping, but we need a better representation for falling off/"jumping down" from objects
    4. Proper scaling of items in inventory - I wont get into the debate on bags, I personally like the old school UO style, but items need to be scaled better, and have better visibility between over lapping items. Different types of bags with with/without dividers could help organization. Would be similar to the concept of having a bag within a bag, but without the need of having separate bags in that first layer of the bag.
    5. Ability to edit game options outside of the game.
    6. Ability to cross shallow waters - I have talked about swimming on my other post, and think a top down view, none 3rd person view, would work perfect for this game, and not take away from the single interactive plane design the developers want to keep with this game. If you walk around the town, you can't enter back in unless you walk all the way back around as you can't walk across a shallow stream.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ichardgarriott-swimming-reply.879/#post-88518

7. NPC text - I know this is being worked on as well, just mentioning it needs more work in terms of NPC responses/interaction.

Just my 2 cents, as I know this was one of the purposes of this early release.

vjek likes this.
  5. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

I am hoping the characters get a major revamp, As it stands they are clumsy looking and do not fit the background at all.

Alexander likes this.
  6. Durallan

Durallan Avatar

Please make the test period at least a week? I realise there might be plenty here that will tell me as a new backer that I should have read up on things mroe to understand it better, but I just figured that the release access was going to be restricted from backers that backed after the 14th I didn't quite realise that I wouldn't actually be able to access it at alll after the 14th. Got back from lunch to find I couldn't log back into it anymore :/ Good thing I'd left it on overnight to patch otherwise I would have paid the 45 bucks at the last minute and never been actually able to muck about in the test. I can understand their testing phase idea in that if you just leave it accessible all the time you will get constant complaints (possibly something CR might have thought of to avoid constant bickering on SC forums) but I'm not one for complaining about buggy alphas and I just would have liked moren the 2 hours I got to play with it. It looked like a cute game to play so looking forward to seeing more but yeah. I imagine there's probably a few other people that might have been caught out in a similar fashion.

I did like what I saw thus far! just wasn't long enough imo :)

7. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

[​IMG]
    Had to post this here :D

Maka likes this.
  8. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Character control definitely needs some tweaking because as it stands, Avatar movement feels a bit stiff and unnatural. I also hope for the addition of some camera adjustments, mouse sensitivity and either a jump or dodge feature. It seems the community is really rallying behind the need for a "jump" in game. I hope the devs are listening :)

vjek and 3devious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.