POT Item Lockdown

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Candor Atlantica, Nov 18, 2014.

?

Towns should have lock downs?

1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I would like to see town owners have more control of item placement in their towns. Perhaps you are the proud owner of some tents, lamps, or statues and you would like to place them in a place other than a lot. Shouldn't town owners have the ability to make a lighted path in their town, and not have the worry of someone moving the item? Lock it down! Each town would get a set number of item lock downs that would not be tied to any lot.

Xandra7, Duke Raas, Mata and 3 others like this.
  2. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I think any home owner should be able to lock down items, or have some way to have them from catching on the cursor of the mouse when moving about.
    It's a real pain when your moving from one floor to the next and you find your crafting machine on the roof from the first or secone floor... carpets are the worst
    just my 2c

Gaelis and Whitestag like this.
  3. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

@Duke Ezekiel Cooper BMC: Your post sounds like you support being able to lock items down as long as people pay for the feature! I argue that a Player Town should include the feature to lock down items to begin with. However; I do agree that as a town owner, you should have some special items that you may purchase in order to enhance the appearance of the town as a source of crowd-funding. I don't think locking down the item you purchase should be an option you need to pay for. It should be included as a benefit of owning a town.

abj9562, Jatvardur and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

No one is asking for a free game, just a modified feature set. Is no differnt to many other threads; some of which have been approved. Cost is something of a red herring. If the devs can't do it because of cost then fine. If they can't because of time until launch is too short, then that's fine too. Don't think it is worth shooting down a good idea on that basis though.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

My suggestion from last time this was aired was to have some of the NPC areas defined in the template and have those NPC decoratable & lockable, but items always being "public". Lots of those NPC areas would be walls only, so you can only "hang" stuff on them, like trees and announcement boards etc. This to avoid the obvious exploit of added floorspace.
    These types of surfaces could also be available not only for player-owned-towns but also for player-run-towns and NPC towns.
    In the PRT and NPC you'd have to meet a criteria, like deed+time or why not a voted upon decorator position or somesuch.

This for Episode 2 or 3 of course, not 1.
    ;)

I think that Candor is talking about two dev statements in combination.
    the goal is to be able to place any item anywhere, say set up a picnic table in the forest
    the only place you can lock items from being stolen/moved would be in your own housing

taken together that means that if players want to decorate their town for some festivities, then they can do so using 1 but that then anyone could simply steal/move stuff using 2.
    So the request is to under specific circumstances be able to prevent 2 to protect a POT from griefing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.