PoT Lights and Decorations

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

This may have been discussed elsewhere and if so I apologize for duplicating.

I've looked ever the table for PoT lights and decorations and the numbers don't make much sense to me. One city lot can have 1000 exterior decorations and 12 lights. But whole Holdfast PoT can only have 20 decorations and 5 lights?

Yikes.

If there is a concern about lag, wouldn't that one city lot cause more lag than a Holdfast PoT with 12 lights and 40 decorations? Or even 18 lights and 60 decorations?

I am hoping that the numbers are only for testing and that they will eventually go much higher.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That one city lot will only create "lag" if you go inside of it. Your computer won't see what's inside the house unless you're inside of it. Your computer won't see what's on someone's lot unless you're within sight of it.

I think it's scaled fairly well actually. Of course I'd like there to be unlimited decorations, but these limitations are doable. If that's the best we can do because of concerns over lag, I'm happy.

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Actually I am referring to what is on the exterior, not the interior. I have 800+ decorations and 12 lights on my *lot*. So the questions still remains how you can have so many objects on the outside of one lot and not have more for a holdfast and up.

4. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Duchess,

If I may, I think I understand your plight. That's definitely not nearly enough light to properly provide a single safely-lit street, let alone an entire Holdfast! I initially had the same fears, but if I'm not mistaken, I did see the usual disclaimer "this is only the starting point number." Even if that disclaimer was not written out, I am certain we can expect those number to go up as the POT Development Tool is more optimized for our use. By launch, I'm confident we will have plenty of light sources to place so we won't have to worry about a Novian "Jack the Ripper" lurking in our alleys! For now, I'd say just be patient and have fun playing with it. Give the devs a couple of more releases to better optimize the tool, and if there isn't an increase by then, perhaps we can bring up the question in a Post-Mortem. Although this doesn't solve the issue, I hope it at least alleviates your concerns for the time being.

Humbly Yours,

5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Barnabas Root, patience is my middle name :)

I just found the numbers odd when compared to what can fit on a lot. I'm content to wait! I promise :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.