POT lot scarcity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Travitar, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

It might just be a matter of not going to the correct POT's but running around between Owl's Head all the way down to Ardoris I don't see a lot of POTs with free lots that aren't reserved. I know they are out there, but do we have an idea of how many free and non-reserved POT lots there are currently?

2. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

3. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Only residents can claim lots. Just need to talk to a governor to get residency :)

Weins201 and Cally like this.
  5. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

So if there are 347 row lots and 320 row deeds were just raffled off, if my trigonometry is correct, there are just 27 free spots if all were placed?

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I think the problem may also be that when a governor places a lot they have three settings to choose from. Not reserved. Reserved for town residents. Reserved for a specific player.

When you place a lot it defaults to town residents I believe. This means a governor would need to add you (or anyone) to the town list before you could claim a lot.

If instead the default was to anyone then I think you would see more lots that are available for you to use. Either way it's worth getting to know your governor.

Cally and Travitar like this.
  7. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Agreed, I'm happy with my row lot in Temples of Syrinx. But I got curious as to what else people have as options.

Vrunk Hrrk and Cally like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

also, there's nothing saying a governor has placed all the square footage of lots he's allowed to. some only put a stone down when they have a request to.

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Yes/No

Available lots does not mean a governor has put down all the lots maxing out the square meters available to them. That chart would not catch that I have 20% reserve I have yet to place.

10. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Ahhhh this perfectly explains why I saw huge swaths of "nothing" within many/most POTs

Cally and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That is certainly true in Wizard's Rest.

However, if the town has their lots set to "No Reservation", then the lot can be claimed by anyone.

(In the census, those towns are noted as the "A" (for Available) entries)

Correct. The "Available Lots" column only accounts for the distribution visible on the Town Crier listing.

In addition to what Kvow mentioned :

All POTs use the same scene size, regardless of town size. So a Holdfast with few lots to place has the same scene size as a Metropolis which can place *many* more lots.

That means that some POTs will always look sparse, even if they place their full complement of lots. :)

12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

A few reasons for that as well.

All POTs have the same templates from Metro to Holdfast. So Holdfasts simply can't ever fill up the land (a major annoyance for may holdfast owners trying to create intomate scenes you dont get lost in).

Even as a Metro I can't use up all the land especially since island keeps and castles were added. These now count against sq meters used but only take up ocean space that was not available before.

Some people design and grow their town by only having certain lots to choose from so that a congealed vision starts to take place. If you put down everything available at once it would take a long time (if ever) for areas of your town to take shape.

Cally, Travitar and NRaas like this.
  13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I type too slow! The Ladies ninja posted me twice :)

Alley Oop, Cally and NRaas like this.
  14. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Well that is certainly disappointing. I like the idea of much smaller towns.

Cally and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well, as Kvow noted, that all comes down to urban planning honestly.

If the Governor places all their lots near each other, you can easily create a cozy little town.

Once the devs provide us the ability to move the entrance spawn location, many of those towns will be far more accessible (since many are built on the opposite side of the scene from the spawn point at the moment). :)

Beaumaris, Alley Oop, Cally and 2 others like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am sorry but do you think you can just walk into a POT and claim a lot? True that is possible but most POT owners are not there so any and all players can just move in? even the open PvP ones select who lives there?

If bought a bunch of POT only tickets and now have a lot of POT only deeds then you can sell them that is what most players are doing.

Travitar likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I wish to know who lives in my town and have them know me first. I hope this will prevent future fiction. Therefore I do not open lots to the general populace, instead reserving chosen lots for individual Avatars after we've come to a mutual understanding and acceptance.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Our Metro and our Guild are one and the same. Guild chat makes running both the Guild and the Metro far less cumbersome.

It's not a requirement to be in the town if you're a Moongate Traveler but most are and so our town probably comes across as reserved by any random visitors. I leave the lot stones on the default "town resident setting" where I've entered all guild members.

Travitar likes this.
  19. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

When I placed markers in my POT they all defaulted to reserved... I'm guessing a lot of Governors (me included) are letting these default settings ride while things are being built up. If you're interested in a particular POT, even if a marker isn't available - contact the Governor directly.

You're always welcome to check out Advenire - I have a handful of Row lots laid down and showing as reserved, but truth be told - I can custom place anything from Row to Castle in any size anywhere you want. Come check it out :) I'm right next to Yew.

Beaumaris, Travitar and Weins201 like this.
  20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    To get to my POT take a boat from central brittany it's called Wisteria Lane and all lot places are free to use I have a couple of village, one town a couple of row lots and two water village . I'm also happy to place any lots in any place you like also I got all the crafting station. It's a quite place but handy to get to Brittany

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Travitar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.