POT only deeds

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by kendaron, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kendaron

kendaron Avatar

The way I understand it, there will be enough deeds available to fill all non POT towns with 30% spare. However, does this mean that there will never be any more deeds available... or at least until the next episode?

There are likely to be many POTs with a large amount of lots free. They could be smaller guilds, or pots with a social or role playing aspect that might appeal to only a few. These places are unlikely to attract players, especially new players, due to the shortage of deeds. All those spots just going to waste...

I see this actually as an opportunity for Pol. They could create POT only deeds. These could be a cheaper version of the deed available in-game, or even purchasable from the store? They could be quite restrictive - ie bound to a POT, and only row based. It could be a stepping stone for new players, and bring in more money for Pol, epscially if players purchase things from the store for a house. (Will players without a house be doing much of that?)

I am also looking at it from the point of view of attracting new players. Housing is one of those things I like and consider a strong plus when considering a new game to play. If i knew that there was this great housing system in the game that I would be unlikely to be able to use, it would be a deterrent from even trying the game.

Has something like this been considered?

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

At risk of repeating myself, we really need a sticky from @DarkStarr with the housing/deed info summarized. There is still so much "what if" between player interpretations that would help soothe some of the concerns.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's my understanding that there will never be more add-on store deeds available for EP1. What's in the add-on store now is it.

There will be 30% more deeds available in-game at launch. But this is based on the percentage of pledge deeds, or pledge plus add-on store deeds.

I do not think the devs have ruled out adding MORE deeds via an in-game auction or lottery system during EP1. In fact, I think it's likely that will happen, and the amount will be based on supply and demand (I assume). Meaning that if we have 100k players and only 10% have deeds, maybe they kick in another 5% over time in EP1. That's just a guess on my part.

I do like the idea of a POT specific deed. Like if I could sell Rats Nest specific lot deeds. I just don't know how the economics of that would work. I don't think it could be tied to real money because what I evict people? That wouldn't be fair. I also don't think that Portalarium would enjoy my POT taking a piece of their revenue from pledges and add-on store deeds (in the future). So I wonder if POT deeds could be purchased by players in the add-on store, but then POT owners could tax them in-game. It's kind of the best of both worlds.

The POT deeds in the add-on store might be cheaper...like $50 and work in any POT, but the POT owners would be able to tax them directly? I like that.

4. kendaron

kendaron Avatar

I didn't think about the eviction aspect.. but did consider POT owners being able to tax them, just like you did :) I thought at least a more restrictive deed without any other functionality attached might be something reasonably simple for Pol to do and get those pot spaces being used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.