1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

POT TF water deeds

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Fiero Steele, Oct 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

A long time ago in a far away universe there was some discussion that maybe, just maybe, there would come a time that POT TF water deeds might become available. Still hoping to someday see those arrive.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There were requests for this but they never said that they would do it. I keep hoping they will.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

Yes, it is a shame to see a town with no water lots. It looks very empty.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How about 2 towns (pots) that have been here since day one, that are beautiful tropical biomes with a jillion empty WATER lots !
    Talkin' 'bout Estercove and Port Miran .

Look at this:

[​IMG]

A sad shame it is....

:(

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You should start a grassroots movement to bring all of those people with the founder water lot deeds back into SOTA! ;)

6. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

@Chris @Ravalox @Lazarus Long @Winfield @Xavier @Drake Aedus @Lomyr Edain

I remember when something was tossed around about making water deeds TF, and there was some push back about it being indigenous to Royal Founder / Founder players. Me personally? I wouldn't have a problem with water deeds being upgradable to TF. I think it would benefit more than it would harm. What's you guys' thoughts?

7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

There are two aspects to this (both are on the table)

1. Allow taxable POT water lots deeds be upgradable to Tax Free POT Water lot deeds
    2. Create POT placeable full Keep and Castle water lot markers

For #1 ... I have adjusting the lot deed upgrade paths on my list of stuffs. I have to review what Elgarion had done in the past before I make any changes, but I do not foresee any issues with this.

For #2 ... This too is a good idea, there was some reason why this was not completed when it was first brought up, I am not 100% sure why that was. I have recently created a new lot size (for Dev use) and plan to create another that the players will be able to leverage. While doing that work, I should be able to create and test a full water lot marker as well. this will be more complicated than just making a new lot size as I would need to hook the existing scripts that are used by the (baked in - static) full water lots.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  8. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

All looks good, is there any chance as you get to work on this to see if keep sized lots can get more deco spots, as I have been told the number of spots increase from city to keep is not to scale.

9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Love #1, Love #2 but if I had to choose for speed in development and most impact for my water based settlement Dark Bayou then it would be #1!

10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I for one think that if this was made possible there would be more ships in harbors in Pots. Heck i would give alot to have several village or town water lots if they were TF. My harbor looks empty. While on that subject there needs to be more water type homes...craftable would be ok by me. I want to build out my shanty town for sure

Anpu and Duke Ezekiel Cooper like this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I love this one - #1 Allow taxable POT water lots deeds be upgradable to Tax Free POT Water lot deeds.

This would be for the better of all of our wonderful population.

FrostII, Belladonna Rose and Anpu like this.
  12. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

That's probably the best solution to address both issues. RF / F players don't have their pledge deeds infringed upon, BUT players can enjoy TF status in POT's.

Yea, that's the formula for success. @Chris

Belladonna Rose, Anpu and Sentinel2 like this.
  13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Would the new lot upgrade paths likely also include taxable PA water lots? Those currently don't exist so only founder deeds can be used to claim NPC town water lots.

14. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

To include PA water lots in the TF upgrade path would infringe upon the pledge deed "selling point" that were sold at the creation of the game.
    I personally, wouldn't be opposed to it, but there has been a substantial push back in the community before over that particular issue because it directly and negatively affected RF / F pledge deed value.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please!

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The upgrade path would be water lot deed -> tax free POT water lot deed.

17. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Well currently water deeds aren't allowed to be tax free OR Place Anywhere based on pledge stuff. This thread is about allowing them to be tax free in POTs, interpreting the pledge promise as not allowing water deeds to be both tax free AND place anywhere. My question is about adding PA water deeds that are not tax free. This would still leave the tax free PA water deeds as only founder deeds.

I personally don't care either way but people can already claim water lots in POTs they just have to pay taxes on them, so it isn't really opening up lots. I was just saying that if the founder deed thing is just supposed to apply to water tax free PA deeds then taxable PA water deeds might be possible and was wondering if that was part of the discussion by the devs to allow new deed types.

Duke Ezekiel Cooper and FrostII like this.
  18. Leigh

Leigh Avatar

It seems to me in bad taste to break sacred promises and this also highlights the lack of credibility of those who make new promises. Equally inelegant is to see eager greedy people who more or less covertly ask for more and more even knowing that what we are talking about is already a shame.

ConjurerDragon and jrs99 like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Please explain what you mean in more depth... @Leigh

20. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

@Ravalox , any update? Maybe r107 or r108?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.