POT Wagons and Boats!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Candor Atlantica, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

So I was at a Player Owned Town (I will not name it) and it had 3 red sailed boats and two red covered wagons. Which means there are 5 exits given to the town. Each one is an exit to either Central Brittany, Brittany Alleys, Brittany Wharfs, Brittany Fields, or Novia.

Is that a temporary test initiated by Portalarium, to be removed at some point?
    Or was the owner able to purchase this additional feature?

Otherwise, I don't know how else this feature was instituted. If it is a permanent feature for that town, how can I get it?

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Any POT can ask and if the devs feel the Can do it, it will happen. the devs sis Dara Brae is not close enough to get a Boat to Xenos so we don't have one. :(

3. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I think I have griped enough about how all player owned towns should be able to have something like a wagon to make our towns more manageable. Don't know why we would have to ask for a "special favor". Just institute for all. I do not believe the current wagon implementation goes far enough. Give us one where we can place within the town to act as an exit/entrance. So imagine my surprise when I can barely get one wagon to suit my purpose, yet find that some have 3 boats and 3 wagons able to take people to other NPC towns!

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

That's only applicable to a town nested inside one of Brittany zones because technically they're all supposed to be just Brittany, but they are split into zones due to technical limitation.

There are several other nested POTs that have interconnections with other POTs under the same parent POT as well. It just have to make sense. E.g., you can't have a POT nested in Resolute and have interconnection to Graff Island.

5. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

No..... This is a POT with Overland Access. The town itself is not nested and there are no other towns nested to it or within it. These are wagons and boats that are direct links to other NPC towns within the town. Simply put - Picture your town with 6 wagons, each of them leading to an NPC town.

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Sounds rigged :)

7. reuge

reuge Avatar

There is a section in the POT submission form where you can request for connection with other npc town, pot and/or prt. However, there is a proximity condition.

8. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

From the Release Notes:

• Exits to the Overworld Added to all POT Entrance Locations: When we added the ability for POT owners to choose different Entrance locations in R35, owners requested the ability to have those Entrance areas also include exits to the overworld. In R36, we have added wagon or boat teleporters to the overworld at all POT scene Entrances, including ones near the center of each town.
    • Exits to the Overworld Added to all PRT Centers: Teleporter boats have been added near the center of all PRT scenes. These boats provide quick exits to the overworld.

9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

My town, Dead Horse, was given one boat at the docks right next to the town crier and banker and one wagon near the central crossroads. Both go to the overworld right outside of town. The nearest NPC town is Desolis, but since it is not directly adjacent, I can't connect to it.

If someone's town has connections to several NPC towns, or any that are not adjacent, then they have powerful friends.

10. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

Trust me, this particular release note has nothing to do with it.

11. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I would understand ONE connection, but FIVE additional? Also, I believe this connection was intended for a nested POT and you were provided only one connection. As an Overland town, I never saw a feature in the form for me to choose having additional exits to NPC towns . I think the likely scenario is someone was able to speak to the right person and it was granted.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  12. reuge

reuge Avatar

I think there is no conspiracy theory here. Bear in mind Brittany is split into 5 section, field, alley, central, wharf and estate. If you are adjacent to one, you are adjacent to all 5. And naturally be able to be connected to all 5 or even more as there are so many pot placed around that region.

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The only time I would be concerned if there is a town with interconnections to Aerie, Etceter, Xenos, Ardoris, and Kingsport.

14. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

My town (Beregost) has a connection to Kingsport. I can travel from my town to Kingsport, then to Brittany without going on the world map.

15. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

Is Beregost an Overland access town or is it nested in Kingsport?

16. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

No more from me on this subject.....just an observation. Hope they change the way they implement Entrance/Exits into POT. Would much rather they allow us to place a Wagon in any part of the scene to act as an exit point.

17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

So in summary, your entire post is about moveable exits, and not interconnects?

The OP speaks of interconnects to NPC cities, not moveable exits. And moveable exits is the topic of another thread.

18. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

You got that backwards. My entire post was about interconnects. Then I bowed out and mentioned moveable exits.

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

You are new to this process of requesting interconnects?

20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I am asking these questions as there are always new buyers of towns and do not get all the fine details of options one can ask for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.