Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Potential Yeast Farming Gold Exploit

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Acaelus Fireharp, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hi All, I just wanted to flag a potential issue that I have spotted regarding the manufacture of yeast.
    Players can craft yeast with the following recipe:

1 yeast
    1 flour

The return on this recipe is 2 yeast.
    At the current vendor prices a player can simply buy one yeast, then dump the remainder of their gold into flour.
    They can then turn the flour into yeast and sell it to a vendor, returning their initial outlay plus a healthy profit of +40% . Not a problem in itself, but rife for exploitation by gold farmers when you consider the crafting of yeast can easily be macro'd.

I am concerned that players will simply create yeast farmer accounts, which will craft yeast on auto pilot, flooding the economy with yeasty gold. All the player/farmer would have to do is periodically collect the gold and stock the yeast farmer with flour.

Probably the easiest and most effective way to prevent this would be to make yeast sell for the same price that flour costs. I know the prices have yet to be balanced, but i just wanted to bring this potential issue to your attention to make sure it's not overlooked.

Thanks.

2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I wouldn't consider making yeast an exploit, that's a legitimate undertaking.

I've tried farming yeast and salt (without macros, but, essentially the same thing manually) in a previous release and the localized prices changed making my supplies more expensive and my output devalued...to the point where I was losing money in the case of grinding salt. And walking back and forth to the baker to get more flour is a pain. My guess is that in the final release there won't be an infinite supply easily available...you'll need to network with others to implement a supply chain.

Leostemplar and Duke Raas like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

We need this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    and... ;)

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status: