Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Powered up Weapon Attacks

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

My apologies for not posting feedback about this sooner, but I ignored it existence until Portalarium practically forced me to start using it. I have to laugh at Portalarium for nerfing nearly everything in sight, then giving us this adamite club. Personally I think it is overpowered and unbalances the game:
    1) It is one of the most powerful attack forms in the game
    2) It requires no focus to use it
    As a weapons master, I am delighted.
    As a mage, I want to know where my Christmas present is!
    I suppose suggesting everybody at Portalarium work overtime over the weekend to produce an emergency patch to remove powered up attacks from the game would not go over well. However it was adding this feature which messed up the targeting and movement systems in the first place. They made pressing the mouse wheel a default movement button because players were remapping their controls to this. As though players had another option if they wanted to use the power attack feature and move at the same time using just their mouse. Personally I find moving pressing the mouse wheel to move awkward and uncomfortable.
    If you will not get rid of it perhaps you could balance it a little. After all you raised the focus cost of offensive attacks and yet give us power attacks for free? Add some focus cost to power attacking.
    Where is the mage's ability to power up our spells at will? And please do not bother mentioning the worse than useless wands and staffs or stacking glyphs. The opportunity to stack glyphs is random and of questionable value. As for wands and staffs; after they turned them into powerless blunt weapons I thought them a joke. However considering power attacks I now consider them an insult.

Cirsee likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not sure why you think charged attacks are overpowered. Just because it uses no focus doesn't mean that it's free. It takes time to charge, and you can't attack/cast during that time. If managed well it can be overlapped with recovery time, glyph management, etc, but afaik it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Mages are also allowed to use weapons.

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Offhand attack is a free skill too!

4. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I heart charged attacks

Acred and Lord Barugon like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Me too.

kbruder and Acred like this.