Praise In Public, Criticize in Private...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Why? Because you're satisfied? I'd love to agree with you but then we would both be wrong. I am happy that you found the peace I always hoped you would. They still aren't done hopefully you will continue to enjoy the parts that are done. Hey @Chris when is it not a bug if we're having a good time? I've been waiting for an announcement since you told us that fun is a bug years ago.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I may be mistaken of course, but I strongly believe that @Lord_Darkmoon was joking. :)

3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Extremist can go either direction,,, i wouldnt necessary say shedding negative, or dislikefd aspects of the game is an extreme, theres also people that are overly positive about SOTA in my opinion thats also an extreme.

Look the game is in development whether you want to say launched, pre launched, pre pre pre launched yada yada yada. Its not going to appeal to everyone. I think that is one of the biggest issues is that it attempts to appeal to everyone from single player to multi player trying to create a new genre, thats part of the problem! Maybe they can or cant do it whom knows. But when community managers start frivolously deleting posts in the forum thats an issue. DELETING POSTS that dont clearly break any rules is BS by any rule of thumb.

Personally i was told topics i posted didnt add "Value" to the forums, athough two of my posts had measurable community response and they weren't just flame posts. There where actual real discussions on why the forums May or May not have died down, or what people consider trolling since the troll tag gets thrown around like candy on Halloween. Post should not be deleted on perceived value, they should be measured against the rules setforth in the forums. No where does it state you cant post negative feedback, but when you do unless your heavily invested and positive chances are your post will be deleted.

I was even told and im paraphrasing here but it gets to the gist of it, that most of my recent posts have not been positive. Well guess what my experience with the game and my expectations of the game have not been positive so i post about it! In addition i was told any posts that i make similar to the others would be automatically deleted and my account would be open for possible suspension..

I mean come on, honestly im not sure what worst, the fact the game hasnt turned out the way it was pitched back in kickstarter(which by the way it could still move in positive direction) or being moderated on posts based on perceived value of moderators that are inconsistent with community responses in thread. I mean my opinions are all my own and if i think something is no fun, boring, broken, needs improvement im going to post that. Ive done that in every game ive played back to ultima online and have never been moderated. Its out of control around here in my honest opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.