Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Price of the oracle and duels.

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by Black FjP, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

As a proponent of structured pvp, I find that trying to get people involved, it is hard to get some people past the fact that price of the oracle is always present and there is no way to duel without it. I feel like a lot more people would be interested in participating in these kinds of tournaments and events if there were a way to flag for a duel that didn't involve price of the oracle and item ransom. In it's current iteration we basically have to rely on the honor system and threat of expulsion when engaging in structured tournaments where the goal is friendly competition. This creates a barrier for entry for players who are new to the scene, and may not be willing to take everything at face value.

Would it be outside of the realm of possibilities to have a second option when dueling like "/practiceduel" or something like that?

Dhanas, CatherineRose and Gaelis like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are several relevant improvements listed in the two-year plan, but in the mean time, it is possible to end a duel without a price by forfeiting. (i don't know if forfeit has a keybind; maybe it should?)

player instructions:

3. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I think thats a great Idea :)
    Maybe its an easy way to make all Duells free from ransom for now until they come up with something from their 2 years planning.
    If you want to Duell with ransom you can still use PvP PoTs, PvP Scences or Basements flagged for PvP.

Black FjP and CatherineRose like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can also meet and fight in the Obsidian Trials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.