Primal Magic - Part 1 The Obsidian Lord

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"Alexander You must help us! Alexander! Please hear me. We need your help"

"Look out behind you!"

Once the flash of light which was blinding cleared and we saw that Kazgaroth had disappeared we watched as Alexander John tightly closed his eyes as appeared to be concentrating so hard that the veins in his face seemed to be about to burst. When he opened his eyes and was looking around in wonderment we explained to him that he was in his own town of Alexandria. Through sheer will he brought us to this safe place and rescued us. We told him that somewhere hidden in his town is the key to recovering his lost memories.

We will search until we find the key.

Alexander John we will need a guard to go with each of us as we search. There will be danger as we search. Kazgaroth, I'm sure will be returning to take this key from you. He will continue trying to fill his thirst for revenge and torture you and watch you die.

One of the guards approached me and requested that I go with him to Rentier. She and her water elemental have found a strange object. It is partially buried near a rose bed in the sandy soil outside of Alexander John's garden. There seems to be no reason for an object of this kind to placed among the roses in that manner.

The closer I got the more my heart pounded. The necessity to find the key to Alexander's lost memories is becoming more pressing as each minute passes.

I picked up the blue glowing globe shaped object and realized there was writing inside the object.

"Alexander John" I hollered as I ran down the corridor toward the foyer of his home. Here Alexander John look at this. Could this be a clue as to where the key is? Rentier and her water elemental were searching in your garden and found this. Can you make out what the writing says?

Goodness, Alexander John this writing may will lead us to how to unlock your memories. Guard go quickly, search for the scribe and tell him to come and read this at once. Also tell him to bring a glass to make objects larger so we do not miss any of the letters.

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The sound of wings flapping startled the group. Boris had recovered a portion of his sight yet could not discern anything more than five feet in front of him. This had the pirate angered and he was tired of this Alexander John stuff already. There was something about this group that was not quite right and he sensed treachery and certain death was coming.

He smiled as the large blue dragon Marak landed next to him with a thud. The sound of swords coming out of scabbards and arrows being cocked startled the beast which snarled at the party and their guards. Marak thought there was impending danger to Boris and Razulah and stood in front of them to shield them and protect them with his life. This did not last long as Boris stepped in front of him with both longswords brandished and prepared to fight to the death, Razulah prepared as well, this place was one wrong move away from annihilation.

"Marak, stand down, if one move is made to attack you then lay waste to this city and all its occupants". Those words the pirate uttered temporarily froze the oncoming guards while the others were left speechless. Boris removed a small parchment that had been tied to Marak ankle and read it slowly. He smiled as it was a summons from his family deep in the jungles of old Trinsic. He was going back home finally. Let this new continent burn, he did what he could and now it was up to others to figure it out or be enslaved by the Obsidians.

The large blue dragon had two saddles and Razulah climbed aboard the back saddle. Boris approached what he could discern to be the group that had started on this adventure as he could not see them clearly.

"The time has come for us to part ways as my work here is done. It is up to you to continue with what I started on the day I crossed the Vortex from the old lands into these new ones. Fair winds and following seas to all of you"

THE END.

Lesni and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My dear Boris,

Farewell to you and to your beautiful Marak.
    Your courage has been remarkable all these months. Your work is major and appreciated. May your family bring you quietness, rest and comfort in the coming months.

The deception of man even among those we know so well will not end anytime soon but hopefully in our life time.

There will also always be greatness that is lived in action among us as many of us will continue the fight to rid our Novia of the evil ones in our towns , our cities and our lives.

With sorrow and many tears, my friend, I bid you safety and God's speed. I will continue looking each day from Dragomir Mori for the day I see Marak in the sky as he lands with you once again on my pirate ship, The Misti Sea.

Duchess CatherineRose

4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

William listened carefully to Boris' words. His departure felt to him as his other half walked away from him. William somehow feels this is not the last we will see of Boris. Sometimes a man needs to do things his way and by himself.

William asked Alexander about Kazgaroth and if he can remember anything that could help us with his defeat. Alexander pondered on the question and said "Perhaps we can go through my fathers belongings. He knew Kazgaroth well. We would have to travel to Alexandria."

William mentioned he needed to gather some things from Serenite before his departure. As he walked to his castle his Kings guard stood at the gates to the castle, almost blocking him. William looked at him and said, "Ohh great you are already ready to go." I sometimes wonder if you can read my mind.

The towering hulk simply gazed at William, not a sound or a breath. His eyes just glowed red as he stared his master down. "I will need to to stay close to me at all times as what we are up against is not from this world." William said.

William directed his attention to the group and mentioned that we can use Vox's ship for the voyage, his crewmen were performing maintenance on the boat recently and its ready to sail.

Before William mounted the Vesper he left and walked into Magnus' temple for about an hour and returned to the boat. William said ok I am ready now. William did not mention why he went into his Obsidian keep. He had a change of clothes it seems.

Later Magnus’ head assistant Karsus approached the boat and took a good look at William, he asked "Are you ok?" William looked at Karsus and said yes I feel fine. Karsus looked at William's face and moved it around as if checking for something. Karsus then spoke to the towering hulk and said "take care of him" and pointed at William. The towering hulk moved closer to William upon Karsus’ commands.

A few minutes later the crew captain, Chekov said he was ready to sail. Karsus removed himself from the boat and walked back into his keep and looked back a few times and smiled and waved.

After everyone settles in, William gave signal to Checov to begin sailing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Good afternoon Duke William,
    Duke William I just returned from seeing Boris and feel just as you do that half of me has gone away. I feel somewhat empty with a gnawing sadness. However, I understand there are things he must attend and that when the time is right we will see him again.
    In the meantime we have much work to do in locating the key to unlock Alexander John's memory and find the way to destroy the power of the most evil Obsidian Lord of all, Kazgaroth, before he suceedes in killing Alexander John and all the inhabitants of Novia.
    Please have a safe trip. I will be following on the Misti Sea and should arrive and be ready in two days to help in trying to locate the information we need to help Alexander John recover his memory.

6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

As the boat sailed away. Alexander kicked his head back and took a nap, so exausted the sun glaring in his face did nothing to deter the nap. Alexander has not had a full nights sleep in weeks.

In his nap he began to dream about his childhood with his father. He remembers arguing with him about always wanting to be a bard. Alexander always enjoyed the arts and music. His father felt that the profession was too femenine for a son of a holy paladin. He wanted him to follow his footsteps. However Alexanders drums only moved to his beat. Following anything or anyone was not built into him. In that dream he remembered seeing his father writing manuscripts and mentioning to Alex how important they were. Suddenly Alexander awoke to a seagull pooping on his head. As he began to wipe the bird dropping from his face and lips, one of the sailors can be heard saying land-ho!!

The Vesper and the Misti Sea are approaching Alexandria.

The vessels approaching have no clue Magnus and his armies are camoflauged in the surrounding parts awaitng to ambush the vessels.

As the ships neared shore the attacking armies began to pepper the vessels with an assault of fire arrows.

William shouted to arms!! We are under attack!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captain, Captain! we are under attack. Take the Misti Sea faster toward Alexandria. We must make the shore before Maguns gets more arrows shot. He is camoflauged in the rocks to your right. His army is trying to take over our ships but do not allow this.

The Vesper is straight ahead about to be at the dock . We must find Alexander and protecct him or we will not have a chance to help him recover his memory.

Captain, watch out to your left!

Rentier and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.