Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Pristine" Crocodile Head recipe bug/issue

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by kaeshiva, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

02/13/2019 18:41
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Okay so I have 9 "Pristine Large Crocodile Heads" in my inventory and zero "Pristine Crocodile Heads" (I don't know if those are even a thing? There are regular crocodile heads with no actual use.)

When I engage with the crafting table, this is what I see:
    [​IMG]

So basically, the "Pristine Large Crocodile Heads" are registering for the Mounted Large Croc (which requires them), they are NOT showing up for the Mounted Crocodile (which requires a different head?) but they ARE registering on Crocodile Skin Rug, which apparently calls for the same head in the recipe as the mounted crocodile.

I'm not sure which bit is wrong, whether there is no such thing as a pristine crocodile head or, if the rug somehow will use either/or, but the displayed text seems to indicate they want the same item, but one recipe recognizes the large heads and the other doesn't.

A headscratcher!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they're a thing. i think you are simply not fighting the smaller crocs enough. the large heads drop from huge or legendary. they're showing as valid for the rug because the rug recipe will take either size.

perhaps they could make the smallest pristine head say "pristine small crocodile head", that way the rug recipe will be a little clearer in that it's not specifying a size

normal, large, sobek-spawn: a staircase of teeth.

[​IMG]

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Good to know they're a thing at least!
    But the recipe in this case seems like it needs to be more specific? Or as you suggest, it needs to say Pristine Small Crocodile Head or (whatever) to remove the ambiguity.

Out of interest, I've fought ...thousands...of caiman, crocodile, small crocodile, hefty crocodile, and I've got a pile of "crocodile head" but I've never seen a pristine crocodile head that wasn't also a large crocodile head, thus questioning their existence. I don't suppose you know which sort of smallcroc had the smallcroc head in question?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i've got four in my chat logs: one crocodile, one large crocodile, and two heftys. last one was in november.

edit: i think the large was renamed hefty when they added the large heads because large crocs only have the normal heads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.