Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Problem with loot (duplicate things and levitation)

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Hornpipe, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

[​IMG]

I don't know if these things are known but I didn't find anything in the known issues about this.

Here there was a pile of books. I took the first books below. Obviously, the game can't support physics behaviour with all objects at this stage so books seem to levitate.
    If there is no plan to manage this kind of thing for each object, you should make it impossible to pick items that are covered by other objects. It could prevent this kind of incongruous situation.

The second problem is that the book on the top don't disappear as I loot it. In fact, it is replicated : I get one version of the book in my inventory and one version remain in place in the world. It's not the first time I'm noticing this kind of bug : In Solace Bridge, there is a jug which react like that.

Those bug can be replicated at will.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Instead of " down-here things float", we just have it above ground. I blame the clown. ;);)

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

did you bug report, type /bug in game and show this exact picture, the location will show and they can go fix it

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I did no report this bug. To me it seemed like a missing feature in the game. I think levitate objects in a pile is systematic.

That said, the location is easy to find : near the male mage in Eastrech Gap (the other mage is a female).

Other tip : This mage is located South.

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

As you can see here, we are not talking about an isolated bug :

[​IMG]

This one was taken in the Solace Bridge building. As you can see at the top of the bookshelf : books are levitating as I've looted the books below. Two piles here.

The game doesn't seem to manage physics in this situation. I think it's a missing feature. It's not a problem nor a serious concern but one (temporary) solution could be to make impossible to pick items that are covered by other objects.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for reporting. I'm moving this over to the Bug Forum. Unfortunately, we have no plans to add physics for these objects into the game. Our current solution is for our level designers to be cleverer and avoid instances of horizontal stacking.

Unfortunately, it also means there are a lot of preexisting scenes with instances of horizontal stacking that need to be revisited to be resolved on a case-by-case basis. If possible, could you provide /loc coordinates to the spots where you observed these physics-defying assets? :)

Thanks

Hornpipe likes this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Sure, I'll do asap ! Unfortunately, I will not be able to do that this evening.

8. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I reported my floating rock awhile back. Went back to check, it is fixed.:)

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's not a priority. Just whenever/wherever you spot it. :)

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Attenwood

In fact, your engine is able already to handle this, some way. Take a look :

Ok, books are standing and not lying. But it is already possible to stack decorations and to make sure the player can't take the object at the bottom of a pile because the decoration system integrates the necessary routines. Why don't you plan to extend this system in all areas of the game? It would avoid the case-by-case job. The goal is also to keep intact the interactivity with the world.
    And on this, I think one can be more visionary without involving endless programming.

One could indeed imagine that the decoration system applies everywhere, in all areas, to all players, with different permission levels. By categorizing, for example, actions take / move / use / put / set permissions, with a level of permission legal / illegal / impossible affected to the players and players groups, this would provide a more flexible system, all over.

Look at that for example:

[​IMG]

I wish I could organize a banquet one day. Assuming that day the food could become a useful decoration, I might want to put food on the table while guests have the option of eating it. And if an intruder steals or eat it without permission, I might want to make my NPC servants take him in chase.

Of course, this is only a suggestion, and I am not a programmer. But this seem attainable from the standpoint of what you have already accomplished. Am I wrong ?

11. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Anyway, if I'm wrong :
    -367,7 / 108,4 / -74,7 Eastreach gap
    -67,9 / 43.0 / 21.7 Solace Bridge...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.