Problem with mouse pointer visibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mototopo, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mototopo

Mototopo Avatar

In my personal experience some fx effects make it difficult to find the mouse pointer.
    For example, if you have casted the "Immolation spell" the ring of white/orange/red fast moving flames around you often make it hard to find where is the the little white mouse pointer.
    If also meleee enemies are on fire it make spotting the little arrow difficult.
    So often i found myself shaking the mouse and tring to move it to the top of the screen to be able to identify where the pointer is and then reposition it to cast something.
    Maybe my eyes are simply becoming older, or i should use the keyboard numbers more but i would like to ask if it is possible to implement some options to make the pointer more visible in these situations.
    Oberon

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

This is not an unusual occurrence in video games. I find myself doing it what you describe in other games as well. Given the color spectrum in the game, its almost impossible to make a mouse cursor entirely visible in all scenarios, however I welcome the devs to try!

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

In my couple decades of amateur design, I've learned that contrasting stroke is your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.