Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Problem with SotAInstaller - Preparing Files for removal

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Captain Bosh, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Bosh

Captain Bosh Avatar

Hi,

I've been a backer since March but am new to the forums, mainly because I've yet to install the game.

When I run the installer it get stuck at "Preparing Files for removal" every time as below. I've tried installing to both my C: (2X120GB SSDs in Raid 0) and B: drives (2 TB HD)

[​IMG]

Anyone had the same issue and got a fix? I found the following thread about it but assume its on an old site or something as I could not login.

https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/launcher-does-nothing.4427/

I've tried unblocking the file in the security properties but still have the same issue
    [​IMG]

If anyone could shed any light on this issue I would appreciate it. I've had the same problem since March 2014, every time I've tried I've used the latest installer.

Specs

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX / Gen3 R2.0
    CPU: AMD FX 8350@4.5ghz
    GPU: Nvidea Asus GTX780 Poseidon 3GB
    Sound: Asus Xonar Phoebus with Custom Coldzero Backplate
    Main Drive: Kingston Hyper 240GB SSD in RAID 0 (2x120GB) + about 4TB of storage on other drives
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1866 (4x4GB)
    PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum

2. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

The only time I ever saw this happen was when, for fun, I tried to install the Windows version in Linux using a WINE based program like 'Play-on-Linux' or 'Cross Over'.

I realize that this may not be much help but one of the things about doing installs this way is that you need to install dependencies first and it is possible that I did not have a required dependency installed which is what caused this problem for me.

I was just wondering if the same thing was true on Windows where perhaps there was a required dependency missing? (dotnet, java, flash, etc.) Unfortunately I do not know what, if any, dependencies SotA requires. Perhaps someone else can tell us, I'd like to know as well.

This is all just a guess though on my part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Another thing I noticed is that the date on your screen captures said Dec 11, 2013 and you are running a 64 bit machine. I do not think they had a 64 bit build at that time but they do now. You may want to retry the installation with a more recent installer so you can take advantage of the 64 bit build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Hello Captain Bosh and welcome to the forum ! :)

I must say I'm posting here mostly so you don't feel abandoned as I don't really have any solution for you. But I can recommend e-mailing support@portalarium.com to explain your problem with a link to this post (if it isn't done already).

It is a customer service (not specifically oriented towards tech problems), so they might not have a solution for you right away, but I can guarantee they will do all they can to help you out :) (just remember it is normal for an answer to take several days).

And in any case, you still have 19 days to find a solution ;)

Don't hesitate to bump your thread or ask for help in the sota irc (Sota irc channel), we wouldn't a fellow New Britannian to leave us over a small problem like this.

Cheers.

EDIT : good catch Ravenclaw, maybe re-downloading the client from the "My Account" page on the main Sota website will be enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.