Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Prone creatures

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Tracker, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

The prone skeletons are a great feature, but sometimes when approaching them your able to see their full health bar before they get up. Kinda takes the element of surprise out of the encounter if you know it's coming.

This doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes they rise up before you have a chance to see their health, but it happens more than enough to take the excitement out of it.

I know that slain creatures show an empty health bar upon approach, (which would tip you off anyway that it's not alive) but I would rather not see the skeletons, (or any other prone creatures) nameplate/health bar while exploring around. I want it to jump out at me :).

Just a thought,
    Tracker

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Another good reason to get rid of the health bars and integrate the visual feedback for wounds :)

Spoon likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Turn off names and health bars in the options.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yes, either hide the health bar for anything prone or have it lie to us, with a chance to see that they're not dead with skill.

5. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

I have the boxes ticked, though your not able to see them from afar that way, once your upon them they show up. At least that is the way it's working for me.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

That is the way it is designed. The options are there for those that don't want to see health bars and names. If you turn the option off, you will get the desired effect.

Personally I don't have a problem with seeing the names or health bars when I get up close.

7. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

I don't have a problem with seeing the names when I get up close to roaming creatures, but the prone ones should remain nameless until they stand and approach you. Walking up to them and seeing that they are alive while playing dead (or undead *shrugs*) takes the surprise out of the encounter.

I could just imagine being in a dungeon and wandering into a dark room filled with skeleton bones, and having them all rise up on you to attack. If I saw the names of all of them before I entered, It would suck the surprise out of it.

Easy fix...just have prone creatures show no name or health before they stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.