Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Property Line Becomes Force Field

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Title: Property Line Becomes Force Field

Repro Rate: 1 time, so far

Blocker: No

Details: I was headed to my home in Northwood in order to bring today's QA play session to a close. I received an "Instance closing in 60 minutes" message about halfway between the scene entrance and my home. I closed out the message without exiting/changing instances. I did that as I was just about a half minute away from leaving the scene anyway, via entering the basement of my home. However, I could not cross the boundary of the property line of my home when I got there. I turned around, exited the scene via the scene entrance/exit, reentered the scene from the overland map (a new instance, presumably), successfully entered my house, and then the basement.

The location of the lot is: Area: Northwood (Novia_R9_City_Northwood) Loc: (-136.0, 46.7, 255.4) .

Steps to Reproduce: Close out the "Instance closing window" box without exiting the scene while in your town on the way to your home. That's the only thing I can think of. This is the first time I've received such a message while in one of my "home" towns. In any release.

Specs: SotA Build 408QA

2. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thank you for reporting, This seems to be related to a system we have in place when a problem with network connection is detected. It's meant to prevent players from becoming trapped in assets that are having trouble loading. This should resolve as soon as scene is re-loaded.

Cheers,
    Julyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.