Prosperity Items Limitations

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Lord Kiron Maedun, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjek

vjek Avatar

Throw out some numbers.
    "
    Players can create similar if not more powerful tools but it will be top skill kind of stuff to make
    "

From what Darkstarr said, I presume the prosperity tools are a 4/5, on the power curve. That, is, the "high level" he referred to.
    What would be better, would be "top skill kind of stuff". That is, 5/5 on the power curve.

If you believe 3/5, 2/5, or 1/5 is "high level", I think you'll find most people would disagree.

But by all means, Arradin, I would love to hear your opinion, numerically, on where the prosperity tools fall on the power curve, given what Darkstarr said.

Tarsilion likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

He took to long to answer. So I'll guess that it's Maximum tool level -1.

vjek likes this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

What if it's 2/3 ?

1= Starting tool, bad quality
    2= Good tool, craftable quickly, Prosperity level
    3= High end tools, expert levels.

.. Noone of us know, so its just as bad saying they are OVERPOWERED MUST HAVE ITEMS, as it is to say its " OMFG Waste of money i can craft them ingame!!! " .

I seriously doubt it will be as powerful as some people try to make it sound ( Even if i would hope so :) )

Sir Kiron Maedun likes this.
  4. monxter

monxter Avatar

IMO they'll just be a convenience item, you'll save some time every now and then when you'd normally have to repair or get a new tool. They're indestructible.. so we can cherish them forever. They may even become precious.

Arradin likes this.
  5. vjek

vjek Avatar

Given the very carefully chosen wording from Darkstarr, I agree with this entirely.

Tarsilion and Isaiah like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

They're definitely not uber tools and they're definitely not mere toys. These do have a pretty good benefit and give players a short term advantage. Long term once crafters are skilled enough, the higher level / max level / uber tools will come out and replace these. Those tools will be highly sought after for utility purposes. These however will then be sought after from lower level crafters or can't afford better ones or those who want to collect them as novelty items.

7. light487

light487 Avatar

My theory is that these will always be good to grind out the stuff you want to skill up with and also for whacking out some stuff that doesn't need to be the best.. like if I was selling the best armor.. I'd use the best tools.. but if I was also selling better-than-available-in-npc-stores-but-not-the-best armor, I'd use these prosperity tools etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.