Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PRT 2.0 Housing Scene Feedback (Fons Vita)

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by agra, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

Had a chance to visit Fons Vita, which as far as I can tell, is one of the new PRT 2.0 housing scenes. It's in the Elysium region. Here's my opinion on this housing scene, and the PRT 2.0 housing scenes in general:

Here's some details, for those interested.
    • On the overland map, these scenes are not indicated by the green-roofed houses. This is counter-intuitive and inconsistent. Either the old PRT's should be changed to be the generic red-roofed houses, or the new PRT 2.0 scenes should be changed to show the green roofed houses as well. Otherwise, there's no visual distinction on the overland map, and this is confusing.
    • Travel time within the zone. North to South, running time (not sprinting, not walking) is 2m45s.
    • Cross-country travel (ignoring the roads) from the default zone-in (north entrance/exit) to the town square is 1m45s.
    • There are no NPC's that sell repair kits in the entire zone.
    • The "Town Square" contains: bank, crafting pavilion, "Magic" shop, "Combat" shop, and "Tavern"/Inn. No other NPC structures. No apparent town crier? Ah, there is one, not in the town center, and not at the zone-in, just standing at the docks for no apparent reason.
    • The public crafting pavilion contains the basic/default crafting stations, nothing special, no Expert+ stations.
    • The "groceries merchant" sells beer,ale, mead and mutton only. No actual groceries.
    • There's a public vendor, despite it being said there would be no public vendors in PRT's.
    • 131/131 lots available. no wonder. 99% GPU load anywhere in the scene. 45FPS at best, with no lots populated.
    While I appreciate the intent of these zones is to provide lots for the bulk of the over 6000 pledgers, these are the least attractive, worst performing, least convenient housing scenes in the entire game, today.
    For me and mine, if the choice is having a lot in a PRT 2.0 or craft out of our bank in Ardoris, we're going to be crafting out of our bank in Ardoris.
    The lack of a repair kit vendor ALONE makes these zones annoying, tedious, and inconvenient. Add to that the ridiculous travel times and insane graphics load (when UNpopulated)... I'm not sure how these got past QA as meeting any design goal. :(
    Sorry to be so negative, I can't find anything positive about the new PRT 2.0 templates. If there were 131 actual houses and decorated lots in Fons Vita, I suspect the zone would be unplayable due to rendering load.

A few final questions:
    The old PRT's (like Redmill) have no NPC core. Will this issue be addressed, retroactively, and if so, when?
    Will you be adding Repair Kits to the sale inventory of any NPC in PRT 2.0 housing scenes?
    Will you be removing the public vendors from the PRT 2.0 housing scenes, as per your statement to that effect from the R28/R27 postmortem videos? If not, why not and what changed to drive that adjust design decision between now and then?
    Will the groceries merchant be renamed to "tavern helper" or "waiter/waitress" ? or maybe changed to actually carry groceries?
    Will teleport NPC's be placed at the default entrance to alleviate the tedious travel time to/from the zone-in to/from the town square, like Ardoris?
    Will the scene transition indicator on the overland map be changed to the green roofed houses to indicate it's a PRT and to distinguish these new scenes from POT's ?

Duke Zymurgy and Katrina Bekers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.