Public Vendor, Item Search

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vallin Tregres, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I only stopped emphasis there because I couldn't make it any bigger.

If it's not clear, this is a HUGE problem when trying to shop around. ANYTHING to make me not have to deal with that would be a massive improvement, be it OP's suggestion (modified to the town crier) or just fixing the lag.

2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

It's not the argument of this person will be better than me etc, it's the mechanics of the game. Is it possible that someone can do all trades maxed on one character? Yes.

About my crafting experience, I did more crafting than many have even attempted before the last wipe. Trying to belittle my experience in the game in this current build, because you crafted for me and using as a point of argument that doesn't override the mechanics of the game. It's a numbers game, it's time, and all of it can be RMTd, what do you think crafters will be like in 5 yrs? 10yrs? That's what your not looking at. If people want to take the time for multiple characters, more power to them, that's awesome. But it simply shouldn't be possible all on one character.

If someone wants o attempt go get 10phds, that's great... Has literally nothing to do with a online game except trying to reach out at straws trying to make some kind of connection at the "the person will be better than me" which makes no sense, if they are allowed to do all those types of crafting, so am I. It's all about time, numbers there is really nothing hard about crafting it's just tedious.

For example:
    Coming from mortal online, where there is no recipes except ones you discover from trial and error and take notes on(making endless spreadsheets and formulas), where you need 3-5 different characters just to process materials before you even craft(1 account has 4 slots that you have to buy each slot, along with a monthly sub.. so if you want to play and craft you need 2 accounts). Not to mention its a full loot pvp anywhere, so you can lose all your materials trying to craft, additionally some of the crafting appliances are deep inside dungeons so you need to have it constantly cleared while you craft on a character with no fighting skills.

To me this crafting system is like baking a cake and you have the recipe on the box lol. Literally gather this resource and go to the many different locations even in your house, then press combine. All this being said every bit of it is legally RMTd, your trying to tell me that people aren't going to spend that money? 50% or more are walking around with costumes for appearance, 12 million in crowd funding.

I personally like the crafting system, it's very simple and straight forward, just think there should limitations. I understand this isn't the popular vote, people will try to defend their time invested. So no offense intended.

Back to the OP not trying to derail anything, but it does all tie into what limitations a character has as to what they can sell and how they sell it... All of this plays a role in stimulating the economy.

3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

heh, the town crier can't even give directions to the bank!

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Well shucks. I didn't realize I could just RMT up millions upon millions of XP I need to craft. And here I've been wasting my time on nodes

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

I said in my original post once you have a xp pool? Also I think when I say it's time, that's referring to walking around playing the game getting exp.

All of it referring to all of the materials.

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Really all of this has to with optimizing code not limiting npcs. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.