Public vendors and expired items

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Damian Killingsworth, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Synopsis:

I put a few items on sale with the public vendor in Resolute. They expired and I was refunded the commission but the items seem to be gone.

Inquiry:

Is this working as intended?
    Is the onus on the seller to claim the goods before the expiration or else return them to the ethers?

Note:
    I checked the in-game player guide before going to the forum and was unable to find an entry regarding public vendors.

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

If consignment stores worked like this in real life they would fail within the first few interactions.

This is a known process. Not sure why it works this way. Is not fun.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It's written on the fine print when you set the price. Not the most obvious one, though.

It seems to design, so that people wont' just dump a bunch of stuff on the vendors and forget about them. You will need micromanage them by making sure to pull them out before the expiration time or if someone were to buy the items first.

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Have the item expire and the public vendor charge you a per day holding fee. Item can only be picked up at that vendor.

5. KarmaLoD

KarmaLoD Avatar

This is the worst mechanic I've ever seen in a game. Whose brilliant idea was this? Fired.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This system has been here since the started the public vendors. If you are such a poor merchant that you overprice your items and they don't sell, and then you let them time out, you deserve what you get.

Manage your sales - Player Vendors are not there for players to just dump their junk and try and fleece the community.

If you want to go crazy use one of your own private vendors.

These vendors are not broken and they are not there to be abused, the system makes sure of this and is working nicely.

Acred and Krohon like this.
  7. Fain

Fain Avatar

Just because it's been that way since the beginning does not mean that it's a good mechanic. Your assumption that he over priced his goods is also a stretch.

"Git Gud" is a cruddy way to treat people on the forums and many of your posts go this way.

8. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I'm hoping that this is one of the ways that we get "player vendored items" to have a chance to drop off mobs. I mean, no one is going to sell a great +10 sword of uberness to a vendor for a few gold, but someone might forget that they had it listed on a public vendor and it dissapears into the ether only to reappear as loot on a bandit later.

9. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Another "fun" aspect of the game ...

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I wasn't aware of this, albeit I don't use the public vendor much to sell things - and when I do its kind of at a "get rid of it" price.
    Guess I just assumed I'd get the item back if nobody bought it since that's how it works in every other game. Certainly something to consider.

11. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Yeah, I lost a pine bow and a few hundred cotton before I figured that one out! o_O

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.