Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Purchased vs. Crafted armor

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Pleione, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

I'm perfectly fine with purchased armor's durability never going down, but have a problem with purchased armor's stats being better than crafted. In particular, the Elven Warrior (chainmail) pieces have 1% less fizzle than anything I can craft. Yes, I can craft armor with bonus stats, but that armor will wear out eventually (shy of spending $$s on coins).

Please, DO NOT slip any farther down the P2W slope than you already have with $$s-for-Durability.

Either mod the existing purchased armor to match base stats and make it decorative only (and instantly available for new players - a non-trivial bonus), or reduce fizzle on crafted gear to match.

Lord Baldrith, Stahlknecht and Acred like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

And when that happens, just buy a new set ?

As far as I can tell, the Max Durability on crafted armor decreases at an appropriately slow manner now. The only armor I have lost a single point on thus far is the merchant skirt I wear.

By that rate it would be weeks, possibly months, before I would need to replace it. Obviously results may vary, but I have been fairly combat active since release.

Of course, if you are set on making the equipment yourself, and being self-sufficient, that is your prerogative.

-----

As an aside: The outfit I'm using now grants +45 focus, +10 health, and +6 strength (though that does include my warhammer and shield)... And that's just a first crack at it, after a couple of days. Wouldn't give that up for some simple unbreakable armor. :)

3. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Wow 1% is really that big of a deal, seriously?

Acred likes this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Don't thinks OP's having problems with the crafting, sounds more like the Add-on store stuff beating out the crafted stuff being the bother?

Acred likes this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well, it is a little muddled, to me at least.

If it is indeed overpowered by that 1 point difference, I would expect the devs will see fit to nerf it : I doubt anyone bought into the item with power in mind, so no one can complain in that case. :)

----

However, as I was saying, eventually no one is going to care... Everyone will be using far *far* better gear.

Acred likes this.
  6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@NRaas is possibly afraid that it is a snowball at the top of a snowy mountain rolling down the hill growing larger as it goes down? Or the first sniff - it won't hurt, it's only one sniff. Come on, give it a try;)?

Course, we do have someone who keeps nerfing our stuff though so not "too" worried about it. Cries for my pretty picks and things;)

Acred and NRaas like this.
  7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yeah... I still use my indestructible prosperity items, and haven't see a reason yet to change. Mind you, even Chris has mentioned those were a huge mistake to begin with.

Personally, I wore my pledge gear on the first day, and then switched them out for crafted stuff on the second.

They are gathering dust in my bank now, awaiting the day they can be displayed in my house. :)

Acred and 4EverLost like this.
  8. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

What are you wearing that grants stat boost? Armor doesn't grant those stats anymore, although with enough 1% cotton based boost I could see the focus - but only white iron grants health and nothing grants strength.

Acred likes this.
  9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

They are enchanted using the Alchemy station. :)

Acred likes this.
  10. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Well, that gives me something to look forward too.

Acred and NRaas like this.
  11. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

You got it. Seen too many great games go down fast once the line has been crossed. Before you know it they will have a Christmas Special - for $10 you can buy a box with a random chance of a Gem in it... at that point, its too late to stop the slide. Better to voice an opinion early. (I just quit Blade and Soul, at level 50 HM 9, because it had slipped too far past the line and became a "Grind for a month or just spend $10" type game).

12. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Its a 1% CHANCE, nothing guaranteed ...

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The prosperity tools are far more p2w than the elven armor is, but i believe the newbie copper chain tunic you start with on the courage path is better. If the elven race becomes playable the elven gear will have aditional functionality for elf players.

But thus far nothing except commision free vendors (and maybe tax free lots) makes the game substantially easier.

4EverLost likes this.
  14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We were told crafted items will always be the most powerful gear in the game.

Can the Add-on Elven armor be enchanted? I know crafted armor can be enchanted.

I assume the Elven armor isn't truly the best armor in game.

4EverLost and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.