PvM intelligence of low level enemies

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Duke Olahorand, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I wonder, why all the animals and monsters are crazy, even those who should have either basic instincts to run away (wild animals, or the low level monster, if a dragon is near) or the intelligence to hide if the horde of overarmored knights is breaking in to their home area without the monster(s) having a chance of being successful.
    I think, not every low level rat should start biting a human immediately, only if they have some kind of disease, are cornered or have to protect their offspring. Otherwise they should run and hide.
    The same goes for the weak but somewhat intelligent monster. If a knight is beating down a group of orcs or whatever monsters will be there, the last survivor would not fight until its end in reality, so he would try to get away or call reinforcements instead of standing there and die.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

2. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I asked this question in the chat and Chris answered, that they have some surprises for us regarding the enemy AI. He told, that one of the big advantages of the dual scaled map is, that they don't have to make the enemies as braindead as in other MMOs. But he couldn't tell me more at the moment.

(my wish would be smart enemies, with the same viewing range as me, that ambush, swarm, run away when outnumbered or too weak, and don't be just stupid cannon fodder; a small goblin for example should know, that he is much smaller and weaker than a human and only attack him in a group or when the hero is weekend).

Cheers,
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.