PvP on the Overland Map

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Caledor, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caledor

Caledor Avatar

Will we see other players on the overland map? If so, will there be ways to PvP from that mode? Or will people be able to escape from fighting by going to the map?

2. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Just a guess but I don't think you'll be able to see players from the overland map due to the game mechanics of how they talk about matching people when they go into an instance. With that in mind I don't think people will be able to just leave an instance to escape fighting. I'd hope they would have to either reach special markers in the instance or return to the entrance/exit.

3. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

@Caledor

Good question. I dont see how you can do PvP battle in the "Traveler Mode" map(as I heard someone in a dev meeting call it several weeks ago). You would probably have to check a box that say you want to confront them and it would take you into the hex with them where you can talk, trade, or heist players. :)

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

That's not escaping from fighting. You're just looking at your map.
    If you travel from hex to hex, assume it just makes a roll / checks some database and it it comes back with "nothing interesting" you can keep moving to the next hex. So it compresses time for the player but doesn't skip anything.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I think i remember them addressing this issue. I believe it just initiates a battle ground scenario on one of those hexes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.