PvP Requests to Portalarium

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I definitely think we need to redefine these terms, or come up with a standard dictionary as to how these terms related to SOTA. Traditionally PK is used as a player that attacks a player without consent. However, this meaning is also exclusively to PVP or Open PVP games. Since SOTA will NOT ALLOW you to attack someone until they have consented to be involved in PVP, this really means something different in SOTA.

In the SOTA context a PK is really someone who wants to play an evil role and have a "profession" consisting of killing other players who opted in (consented to) PVP. That is not to say that there are elements that would prefer non-consensual or forced PVP, but that is not an option in SOTA so those people might be better described as Pure PKs or Griefers (since this would not be allowed or supported in SOTA).

I guess until we unify on these definitions we will continue to have mis-communications on many of these topics.

NRaas, 3devious, Mishri and 1 other person like this.
  2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

smack likes this.
  3. Mattsy

Mattsy Avatar

Did I say it was in regards to this game? It was following on from the hypothetical statements earlier. Not that hard.

Yeesh......

4. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Citing roleplay doesnt gve one the right to engage in douchebaggery. I had a guy in EQ who would follow me around and steal my kills including quest bosses and i called a gm on him and his excuse was "oh dont you wish to rid the wirld of these evil lizards" and the gm said too bad for me he is an RPer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.