(pvp)Stale Genre,Will this game stand out?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Eoghan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eoghan

Eoghan Avatar

As from what i've heard (video blogs) and read so far it looks like pvp is going the way of virtually every other MMO(granted this isn't an MMO its close enough!).

I read a while back Lord british said that the genre was stale and I agree.
    70% of the MMO's that cost 50 or 60 bucks since UO's demise I have played for less then two weeks.

My question is how will this game stand out? I don't see how a cookie cutter "multiplayer online" game will do this.

It has been mentioned that the story telling will be more dynamic and interactive then the standard rpg.

In order for Sota to set its self apart from the pack. It's leap in individualised dynamic story telling is unimaginable but maybe I am just a myopic pvp* (PK) enthuisist.

2. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

If there was ever a game to develop and take advantage of the lack of proper pvp in todays morpgs it would be this game. Uo was the first and last game to incorporate pvp that affected every other element of the game from the ground up. For every other game its a side feature.

So yes its important that they get a good story but dont forget pvp and make it a side feature like every other game todate has (except maybe daoc). I dont think i can say i have ever played a game since uo in which i felt more immersed and connected with the community and i contribute that to the openess of the pvp model. I cant tell you how many time i teamed up with other players to hunt down pks. It was all too often that someone would run through the town calling for help because a pk had attacked them and what do you know people would come and help. People have become too fixated on the artificial element of games while it was the human element that made uo great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.