PvP Team Event Idea (just an idea ATM, looking for input)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Weins201, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

(I know this is PvP event but still an event Idea so if moved to PvP I accept it, I push things there often)

I have an idea for a Team PvP event. Elimination or Seasonal?

The idea is the teams pay entry fee and winners take all or if a lot of participation 1 - 3rd place.

I Think Coto Entry Fees and Prizes

Here is the very basic idea;

Two teams enter the Central Area of my Town (the walled area).
    - A leader (Leader is a rep from the officiating crew) for each team will be the basic referees
    - Team Leaders (why). The leaders will be referees who will sit on their corner Home) tower, they are there for one reason and one only. To monitor Logs.
    - The leader is there because this is a free for all except resurrecting. If you die you Die. (Or possibly allow a certain number of team resurrections) The ref is there as they can follow in the chat log and see if players are killed by whom . . . . .
    - If you die you will go back to your starting Tower and wait with the ref until it is over.
    - no climbing on the walls or leaving the gates allowed.
    - will place refs around area to ensure "Fair" play

We will ask that no bounties taken from kills you will just return items to the dead. (at least that is my original thoughts)

So in the end we would have one team take on another team and winning teams take the pot?

We will also monitor thieving and if any stealing is announced the thief will be ejected from the POT, since I do not think it should be part of an event.

Any outside intervention from the walls (or play field as it is large) would result in removal of the violator from the POT and if a team member team disqualification.

This could be a Seasonal thing that we have a certain number of events and teams would have a record and at the end the top two could go at it for the pot. Or a top 4 double elimination for 1 - 3.

Again this is just putting out feelers as to how it would be received. And input for ideas to make fair rules.

Sorry I am going to stick with Free for all skills, so players would have to keep up with Skill / Templates of the day. Now if there is a clear problem (exploit) found we would have to figure out how to deal with them.

Again the arena is actually HUGE so 5 on 5 I think is as small as should go.
    (since this is so early on and possibly not many around we could just use a Arena (City - Castle) depending on participation and do 2-2 / 3-3??)

Remer just an idea please feedback with yeah would participate, and recommendations (reasonable) ones.

If this goes OT I will ask to remove all OT information.

(((( note to development team - can some mechanics be looked at to have some settings 1 no resurrection timer, player can just stand on his tomb stone. 2 no stealing option for POT . . . 3 field restriction, allow only certain people into playing field . . . . again just ideas )))

Belgtor likes this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

hmm.. sort of like Guardian Mode in Gears Of War, You could Allow Ressurections Unless the Team leader is killed, that could make it More Objective Based, ... A fun idea :)

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I guess do not know about GoW modes but the Team Leaders are not part of the team they are basically referees.

But a Capture the leader / Capture the Flag is also an option, I was trying to wrap my brain around how to do that though since it would take more to defend / and attack a Banner (or other target)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.