Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Artte, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artte

Artte Avatar

Today is the day I tried PVP. My my my. Okay. Here goes. When you fight somebody in this mode it isn't a standstill affair. There is no time to look at your deck and see what glyphs have showed up… Whether 1 is a slug … Or what. There is no chance to clear your deck and choose a new one and see which glyphs are which and to decide which ones you need for the present circumstances. No! You're opponent charges you. They take one smacking shot and they run right past you and turn around and do it again… One shot each time. You're so busy trying to find where your opponent ended up that's about all you have time to do. Glyph schmiff.

And I don't have to tell you I made the mistake of winning one. I didn't know what card I played. I didn't know if it was even a card-it could've been a slug. But I had cut back to only those cards which are really used and lo and behold I think I got a critical hit in and I won.

Well hey howdy. Was the little fella ever mad. I think he killed me five times after that. I told him that this was new to me and I was just trying to figure out how PVP works. I might as well throw gasoline on a fire. I was at the skill trainer and this guy, Isaiah, whoever that is jumped me and after I was dead he told me that there was no such thing as no when it came to PVP.

Oh joy. Oh shades of yesteryear. Ahh yes! Mommy would not lend the car, or his bus pass had expired, or his sister plugged her bedroom key hole with toilet paper… I dunno. But it was time to PVP and the less the opponent knew how to do it THE BETTER.

I think that PVP is something that makes the game more interesting. It does not of course have to be what I like. I may have to learn to like something else. So be it.

I have to wonder- because I choose to I suppose- what's the development guys were thinking when they said you could PVP anybody that was a PVP player anytime anywhere. From listening to the head honchos speak, and from reading what they had to say about the old Ultima game… What with great lords banging newbies all day long and how they hated it. They have done it again.

Yes yes I know. It's in development. It's a construction zone. Not everything is going to be taken care of in a day. Okay. I guess I'll swallow hard and hope for the best. There is so much potential for something new and something fun.

Of course I could go back to the Oracle and take the PVP off my name. Perhaps I will eventually. For the moment I guess I'll take on the 12-year-olds and see how that goes.

monxter likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

PVP is a choice you do not have to take!There really is no use to complain about PVP if you've flagged yourself for it! just unflag your self until your ready.

Most of us can help you if you just ask! You can Zone to me anytime and ill help you out. Message me and ill set up a time where we can make you a formidable opponent. you can still pvp out of oracle pvp mode by going to an active PVP zone. Like the coast.

Sir Cabirus and Keira OFaolain like this.
  3. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I will say it takes practice, however if others can learn to do all you said then so can you. Rogue is right many will take the time to teach you. I my self am learning and their are many who always gives me advise, tips ect. I for one cant wait for time to free up and line up so I can devote more time to learning.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Artte

Artte Avatar

I thought as much-that there would be many patient and informative players. Actually, part of the thrill of PVP is the not knowing when you are going to be attacked ...which is part of the pain. I appreciate the help. I will call for it!

I posted that post because some PVPers --as always seems to be the case-- can't control themselves. Lets face it. Once someone has told you that they cant PVP at the moment as they are busy.... and you just keep killing them over and over even though they are not fighting back its not only pointless ...its a black eye to the PVP community. It ( the community) has to police itself. How to do that is the question I am attempting to generate. Perhaps I am either alone in my perspective ...or at least very lonley. Perhaps not.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

it will probably be less frequent when there is actually stuff to lose! And penalties to pay for killing people so dont worry too much about it now.

6. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

if there is pvp there will be noob bashers, there just needs to be someone to teach them a hard lesson

Keira OFaolain and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.