PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by slamelov, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

I'm not sure how this game will be, It looks like Neverwinter without DM mode, or may be a "less action" Guild Wars 2.

Anyway, talking about PVP, I think it must be free everywhere, adding penalties. I mean, if a player kills another one, he should be marked as criminal, pursued by guards who offers a reward for him. A killer shouldn't enter in most cities because guards would pursue him, so, it should be a hard way. Bounty Hunter could be a proffesion.

A killer could be prosecuted, jailed or killed. Perhaps judged

2. maleficum

maleficum Avatar

Big plus

3. Owain

Owain Avatar

I support full contact/full loot PvP, but I would add that to avoid problems that were present on UO, there should be consequences for players that are 'flagged' as criminals, or PKs (player killers).

Skills should be provided to the Anti-PK to facilitate tracking and discovering their whereabouts. I would strongly oppose game mechanisms such as Recall that would allow the PK to easily leave the scene of the crime. Logout timers should be established so that the can't just quit or go link dead to avoid justice.

And finally, just as is common in every human society, the punishment for murder should fit the crime. Some mechanism, either skill loss, or a massive extended debuff should be imposed upon murderers once they have been apprehended and executed, otherwise, what deterrent is there for the crime of murder?

4. Abaregi

Abaregi Avatar

I support you OP, and so does a lot of old UO players. Hope they get it right.

5. slamelov

slamelov Avatar

I agree with that, Owain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.