Q: Gifting pledges, Recruitment and Founder packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RanceJustice, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RanceJustice

RanceJustice Avatar

Hello everyone! I'm very pleased to be a part of the SotA community! I just had a few questions that I've not been able to find any confirmed, up to date information regarding.

1. I am very pleased to have a Founder-level account, and thus access to the lower pricing and additional benefits at every pledge level. I was wondering, if I was to purchase a pledge as a gift for another player, it appears (by the text shown detailing what is within the pledge), that the gifted pledge will come with the Founder extra content. Is this the case? If a Founder purchases a pledge to gift to another, that the recipient will receive the pledge with Founder benefits included? I have quite a few people who are VERY interested in this prospect.

In addition, if this IS the case, how are things handled if the recipient wants to upgrade? That is to say, if I gift a newcomer the Immortal Adventurer (Founder) package, and they wish to update to the Digital Collector, will they be granted all the Founder level content in the new, upgraded package? Or would attempting to do so just leave them with a "standard" version of the pledge version they upgraded to, as their account is not flagged to generate Founders benefits?

2. I'm also interested how Recruitment is handled with regards to Gifting. For instance, on the Sending Gift screen (when logged in) shows your email as the referring user email/ID. Does sending a gift to a player "count" as recruiting them? If not, is there any opportunity for a recipient of a gift to enter your email address as the Recruiter and thus give you credit that way? Are there any additional conditions? For instance, to count as a Recruitment, must the user have no prior packages on their account? I do hope that sending a gift and thereby introducing a new player to being a Shroud of the Avatar backer/account holder, will count as a "recruitment" for the purposes of the special items/emotes and credit.

I think that's enough to get me started with understanding how the system works now. Thanks!

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

You probably ought to email support@portalarium.com with these kinds of questions. But please update us all with the replies, I'm very curious too, as, I am sure, are others!

3. Euphotic

Euphotic Avatar

please tell response u get

4. RanceJustice

RanceJustice Avatar

Will do, thanks guys.

5. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

They will not get the founders benefits as May 20, 2013 was the final opportunity to get an account as a founder. All new accounts, regardless if the person is founder or not, will be a regular non-founder account as these were for people who got into the game early.

6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

This is not exactly matching the wording from the SotA website, which says:
    At the end of that campaign, and as an expression of our appreciation, we announced that our Early Founders could purchase additional pledges, or upgrade existing ones, at the same price they were available during the Kickstarter campaign, for up to one year!
    This is the price part.

And since I am an Early founder and a Backer is the person and not the first account of that person, additional pledges purchased by this person should contain the same rewards according to:
    (* Exclusive Early Founder Rewards are only available to Backers who pledged any amount by May 20, 2013)
    But I currently do not even see the proper prices in the store besides for upgrading.
    So how this is handled?

*Salute*
    Olahorand

7. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Are you considered a founder? (pledge $45 or more before May 20, 2013)? Are you logged on to the main site? On the main page, are you choosing "Send Gift"? If answered "yes" to all then i would suggest sending a mail to support@portalarium.com

8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Yes, yes and yes.
    Also if I try to purchase a pledge not as a gift the same happens.
    The titles for the pledges are shown properly, the prices are not.
    Mail has already been sent - and I have been told meanwhile to wait a week longer for the system to be fixed.
    So it was a bug in the store.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.