QA Test Directive: Journal UI

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I didn't see a thread to post journal feedback in, if one exists please move this post into that thread, thanks!

occasional glitch?: When I first changed the number of tasks to display, then unchecked and then re-checked the show current task UI box it seemed to show me only the default 5 tasks and I needed to change the number of tasks again to see more or less than 5. After a bit of testing this no longer happens so maybe it was a first load type of thing? I'm curious to see if it happens to anyone else and if not then there's nothing to fix! :)

feedback: I really like being able to hide specific tasks while showing others and I like the overall design. I do have trouble reading it depending what is behind it. Not a huge deal but maybe we can also have a checkbox that makes the background opaque? (I assume some people prefer seeing through it)

edit for more feedback: I think the current tasks need to be listed with newest quests first like the completed tasks and the on screen task list are.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Agree text is hard to read. Needed a built to see that myself as im playing in editor in a tiny window, dark looker darker than usual in there hehe ill fix that by probably adding that same transparency thing other windows have.
    Sorting tracked quest on top is on my list too.

And yeah i added that tracked number thing yesterday but i guess something broke in the way to the built, checking it!

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I think the script font on the journal entries maybe needs a little more spacing or a different font - it's a little awkward to read IMHO.

PS -- can we get the ability to resize the window, and the text gets larger?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    Rinaldi and FrostII like this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

So far loving the update. I play on a a large screen TV for the most part, 3840x2160 resolution, text size is at 200% ( hey I'm old!) I agree on the tightness of the script journal, but have to say it's bigger than what I see in my mail box. Just giving some information, everyone's mileage may vary

Great work so far!

Rinaldi likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you double click on an active task on the players list of tasks that’s on the left of the screen, the journal opens, and then the selection button is set to Task(s) Completed. I would have expected it to select Task(s).

Rinaldi likes this.
  6. DavidDC

Should all be fixed in next patch

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried it last night and while switching between tasks, tasks completed and journal entries, the journal entries stopped displaying. I moved the scrollbar on the right and it started displaying again and I couldn't get it to happen again.

Also, I thought there was a way to display repeatable tasks? Maybe I imagined that.

Rinaldi and craftymethod like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Wouldn't that be daily quest? Once you take that quest it becomes a task?

Rinaldi likes this.
  9. DavidDC

There no way yet to see which quest is repeatable, trying to figure that out right now. Soon! :)

10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

patch 1296 feedback:

The ordering of the active tasks is not correct. When you untrack items they seem like they are trying to go to the end of the list but instead of an ordered list of tracked items followed by an ordered list of untracked items the list ends up seeming random and you lose your place in the list.

The journal entries do not to show for me anymore. I saw them once when I first switched to them but now nothing shows when I select journal entries. I have 526 in case this is related to amount of data.

I don't see the show task highlighting checkbox doing anything. Might not be fully implemented or maybe I'm just not observant enough.

Rinaldi likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1296 feedback

At first glance, I really enjoyed what I saw, the journal looked easy to navigate, and the way the information was there with the navigation is something I really appreciate.

Once you move on to using the journal, using the scroll wheel in the "Task(s) Active" and "Task(s) Completed" categories works only if your cursor is on a task, if it is in the spacing between the tasks, scroll wheel doesn't work.

Something that I would love to see, it things like the Scene I received the quest in and the NPC who gave me the quest or last step in the same section where the task difficulty is written, that would be very fun!

Rinaldi likes this.
  12. DavidDC

Journal not showing is probably the scrollbar being wrong, if you move it a bit or mousewheel on the scroll bar it should all get back. Will fix that as soon as i know whats going on (been fighting that bug since a few already).

Show task highlighting checkbox does work if you switch scene. I really just linked the option that was in setting in the journal interface so it was doing that before too, but now clearly visible. Its on the list.

And currently fighting that ordered tracking items list

Rinaldi and Gwendolyn Obscuro like this.
  13. DavidDC

Task ordering should be fine in first patch, so is the tracking/untracking while show task highlighting checkbox is false.

Working on the scrollbar of journal entries not reposition it self correctly and the mousewheel blocking in between.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.